Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Welcome to What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday ...

Morning all,

Hope your week is going well and that the extra day off didn't throw you off too much. It's been mega warm again this past few days and I don't do "heat" particularly well, so, been struggling to sleep. It doesn't (the heat, that is) appear to have dampened the urge to craft though. I recently made a masterboard using acrylic paints and this make involved using the last little bit - YAY!

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of the envelope
Materials used:
  • White 300gs, 5" x 7" scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of masterboard card
  • Snippet of white card to be the insert
  • Snippet of bright blue card to mat my image panel
  • JOFY12 image and JOFY14 sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White signo uniball used to trace the image so it stands out a smidge more against the masterboard panel
  • Once the image panel was adhered to my card blank I highlighted using Stardust stickles




A nice quick card and using up a number of snippets, I call that a result! I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 309 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  2. City Crafter - challenge No. 327 - BIRTHDAY WISHES
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - August 30th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And now, since it IS WOYWW #378 I'll share a peek at the tidy/untidy desk that is my own workspaces. I'm entry #12, this week too.


So you can all see the space I work at, in context with the space around me!


28 comments:

Di said...

Fab card Kathy!

Hugs

Di x

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW mate.

Loving your use of masterboards to make cards. Keep it up and try not to melt!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Neet said...

What a pretty masterboard you created. I love the pastel colours of it and the design on top. The image you put on this one is just perfect and I am amazed by the inside of the card. It really is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing (and visiting me)
Hugs, Neet xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card. Fun process and good luck with the challenges. Hopefully here our humidity will be gone forever. I too have issues with summer heat. Enjoy a great WOYWW kind of week.

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the masterboard, and the stamps are great, I may need those, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6xxx

sandra de said...

Great use of those stamps and always lovely to see how people use their space. have a lovely week.
sandra de @22

Debs M said...

great makes, master boards are SO useful!

Pat said...

That Jofy stamp goes beautifully over the top of that remaining piece of masterboard Kathy. Enjoy the rest of your week. x

Morti said...

I love clean and simple cards, elegance, less is more etc... so much nicer than clutter or a sticker sneeze!

Morti @31

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy. Your card you made is so beautiful loving the background and those stamps.......yum. The detail you put throughout the whole card and envelope is stunning. Thanks for visiting me earlier and have a wonderful week Hugs ~Anne L#3

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW. Such a pretty card and envie. Great use of snippets. Thanks for sharing your workspace. I would be sat on that comfy sofa a lot of the time! Ali x #25

Sandy Leigh said...

Those paper artsy stamps are the cutest. Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #33

My name is Cindy said...

Great card! Love making cards up from 'bits'. Happy WOYWW Cindy #27

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, you know how much I love Masterboards and this is a great card. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 11

Twiglet said...

That card is so pretty - what a lovely set you made.x Jo

Kathleen said...

Love the card Kathy.

Kath x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely creation, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

StampedbyChris said...

I just learned about masterboards. Your cards are beautiful.
Hugs,
Chris #23

SusanLotus said...

Lovely Birthday card with a nice envelope to it!
The journal page is great too.
Have a nice WOYWW hoppping!
SusanLotus nr 42

peggy aplSEEDS said...

In the Philippines, it is hot, so I can just imagine how you feel! Good thing it hasn't affected your card making skills. Great card you made! And I love your chests of drawers!
Happy WOYWW!
Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS@4

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Great use of snippets, really - how great a masterboard is/was that too, love it. I like your self contained space - lots of life, but still the potential for company. Easier to craft without guilt in the evenings if you aren't depriving your partner of the pleasure of your company!

okienurse said...

awesome card and I love those stamps. Great crafting space too! I found the more space you have the more stuff you collect…crafty crap as my husband and son in law say about my daughter and my collections. Have a great week. Vickie #45

Viv said...

Great card and matching envelope too Kathy! I am enjoying this heat as I have no aches and pains for once....it's heaven ;) Viv xx

Barb said...

Your card is fantastic Kathy. Love those colours. Barbxx

lilian said...

great card Kathy, Loving the center panel,

Lilian

Marit said...

I love the fragile flowers/herbs on your card! Thanks for your visit at my blog earlier this week - it is already Saturday now, I'm very late with my woyww-visits. Have a great weekend! Marit #8

Andrea W said...

Such a pretty card and I really like the colours in your focal image. Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.