Saturday, 17 September 2016

The Purple Princess is away from her desk again today ..

Hey there readers and followers,

Where am I? Well, I've left hubby at home and gone to Uni!!! It's OK, I'm only there for the day! I'm at a scrap booking retreat. It does, however, mean that I shall be unable to participate in my usual challenges - those will have to wait until tomorrow ... but I do have something to share with you today.

Yesterday I shared some ATC's using the fabulously quirky Smeared Ink "Grumpies" .. reminded me I don't use them often enough so ... it'll come as no surprise to see - ANOTHER ONE!!!

My ATC
And a close up of the detail
And the painted background I started with
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card slightly smaller than my ATC
  • Fresco paints in squid ink and dolly mix brayered over the white snippet and set aside to dry
  • Smeared Ink Grumpy image and sentiment stamped on to white card and cut out
  • Alcohol markers (in purple and cool grey1) to colour
  • Kaisercraft mini grid and numbers images partially stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Dimension faux brick image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gel pen used to doodle border on the black matted layer and to draw around the outer edge of my "mummy"
  • Copic Atyou Spica black glitter pen used to darken and twinkle the eyes
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to eyes and eyebrows
  • Stardust stickles to highlight bricks and shadow

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge - challenge No. 227 - GETTING READY FOR HALLOWEEN
  2. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Penny's Paper Crafting - challenge No. 295 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES + twist of FUNNY
  5. Simon Says - Work it Wednesday challenge - USE STAMPS

11 comments:

lilian said...

Love the image mate, Great ATC

Lilian

Pat said...

What a cute and funny image Kathy and the background is perfect with it. Have a great day at the retreat. x

June Macfarlane said...

Oh so cutely funny, Loving this x

Debs M said...

love this x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant ATC love the Grumpies image-fitting sentiment and fabulous background
Carol x

Brenda Brown said...

Haha great fun, hope you had a fabulous day xx

SARN said...

LOVING this one too! xxx

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 295 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Jenn Borjeson said...

I love me some Grumpies... this is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!

Helen said...

That sentiment along with the Grumpie really made me smile :-) Thanks for joining in the fun at Wicked Wednesday this week.

lyn hitchcock said...

Super cute card, thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
Lyn - DT