Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning

I wasn't overly well over the weekend and I really SHOULD (at my age) know when to stay away from the Table of Craftiness but ... sadly, this is one lesson I have NOT learnt! Normal service SHOULD resume soon!


My card
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
The front and  back of my card
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 9cm square white card panels
  • Two red card panels for matting with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of red and white - for my sentiment panels
  • Bird, "tis the season" (by My Minds Eye) and Inkadinkado sentiment images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My Minds Eye stars stamped using Delicata Gold Glitz ink
  • Distress Marker in fired brick used water colour style to add colour to the bird along with red glitter glue for the berries
  • Stardust stickles to bling it up a bit
  • I ran the matted sentiment through my Xyron sticker maker




Now I like this card but ... sometimes life conspires against you and it was not without trauma! I wonder how many of my eagle eyed readers will spot my "deliberate" mistakes?!?!?!?!

Well, you might guess that I wasn't happy with the result of my "bad day at the ToC" ... so, convinced I COULD improve upon the Mark I version I headed back to the ToC ..... maybe it was a dunces cap the bird was wearing!!!!???? The result? A "same but different" make ..


Seconds out .. ROUND II!
The front and back of my "same but different" card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my "same but different" card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card cut to 9cm square and one piece at 9½cm sqaure white card panels
  • Two red card panels for matting with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of red and white - for the sentiment panel
  • Bird, "tis the season" (by My Minds Eye) and My Favourite Things sentiment images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My Favourite Things stars stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Marker in fired brick used water colour style to add colour to the bird along Wink of Stella clear and gold glitter brush markers
  • Stardust stickles to bling it up a bit




I'm much happier with this make and I don't BELIEVE I messed anything up! To that end, I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 297 - VINTAGE or ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 114 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas EXTRA challenge - September challenge - ANYTHING GOES .. as long as it's Christmas
  5. Happy Little Stampers - September challenge - INSPIRED BY A SONG ("tis the season" from Deck the halls)

My regular visitors will recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye and have received my latest batch


Incoming materials from ATC buddy Pam
Here's what I sent her last time (below left) and what she made from the materials - so you will get an idea of how our materials swap works ... when I send back my ATC made with the above materials I shall also enclose my original - made using duplicates of the materials below .. so we each see one anothers take using the same materials - cool, huh?


 
Materials ... which Pam managed to turn in to not one but two ATC's!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #379, I've a sneaky peek of my workspace to share with you ... it will also be entry #22





24 comments:

Marit said...

I looked at your cards for a while but cannot spot the 'mistake'... it all looks fine to me (but maybe my eyes aren't wide open yet, I need another coffee!) Happy woyww and sunny greetings from the Netherlands! Marit #20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We must be gals of a certain age then Kathy. Because I'm hot ALL the time too!! Lol :-D. Honestly, when we moved in it was so boiling in the conservatory that my cutting mat warped, I think it's damaged beyond repair...blast. That was an expensive mistake....
I think your madcap Christmas bird card is great fun and I wouldn't have noticed anything amiss with it!!
Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

SARN said...

Great makes . . . I didn't notice any mistakes.

Sorry to hear you were feeling below par over the weekend mate. Hope you recover shortly.

I can see you aren't 100% as your desk is MEGA TIDY. What's THAT all about then?

Gentle hugs, Sarn xxx

Chidkid said...

Fabulous cards..love them..all so different, yet the same? Great job, Elaine no. 16

Pat said...

Ditto, both cards look great to me Kathy and love the 25 on the bird's hat, so cute! Sorry you haven't been feeling the best, but hope you are a lot better now. x

Neet said...

Love all of your cards and cannot spot any mistakes, deliberate or otherwise.
Yes, we never learn do we, I shouldn't be on the computer with this bad back but I cannot resist and it is taking my mind off the chronic pain.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Loving all those stamps! The birds are so funny! Enjoy your week! zsuzsa #25

Vicky Fisher said...

Great bird stamp and lovely card you made with it. Happy WOYWW Vicky #11

Mimi said...

Always love to see what you are up to. Love the misbehaving xmas bird! Crafting is like medicine-- it should IMPROVE health!

lilian said...

Lovely cards Mate,

Thats a tidy work desk from you today

Lilian

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, I can't see anything wrong with these gorgeous cards. Very much like those stamps too. However I don't cope well with such a tidy desk as you know Lol! but you have lots of stuff stored under it so that makes me feel a bit better. Who knows maybe one day I might manage to have a tidy desk........ no can't see it Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great woyww, Angela x 17

Diana Taylor said...

Well I'm loving your cards and can't see any mistakes at all, although I'm not the most observant person! I love the bird stamp you used and I'm feeling the stirrings of inspiration but it's still a bit early for me to get enthusiastic about Christmas!
Thanks so much for stopping by earlier, I hope you have a good week and feel completely better now.
Diana #21

Helen said...

well your cards are great, but your desk is so tidy!!! Helen #1

Caz said...

Lovely lot of craftiness to look at!!

Happy WOYWW
Caz#29

Felicia Aaron said...

Kathy, I just love your cards!!! I think the "dunce cap" just adds to the cuteness!! I'm not much of an eagle eye, so they look perfect to me! LOLOL Probably was my problem all the way through school! LOLOL And those ATC's!!!! LOVE, LOVE! Blessings, Felicia #43

Louise Wright said...

your work desk looked very tidy this morning. I wonder if it stayed that tidy all day?
Love the Christmas cards. Ace idea with the ATC swap. Your swap-partner has set the bar very high. Love that birdie image- so fun :-)
Hope you are feeling better now x

Christine said...

Super cards, love the images you've used.
Have a good week
Christine
Bishopsmate #23

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy. I am going to say I don't see any mistakes on your cards they are beautiful but to the eye of the creator always the hardest critic,I do the same with my work. I love the idea of swapping goodies with a friend to make a project with such a fantastic idea.....might have to do one with a friend. The ATC are so adorable. Thanks for visiting me earlier and feel better. Have a wonderful crafty week. Hugs ~Anne L#5

Jane said...

Both cards look fine to me, and you've got me humming that tune! Hope you're feeling better now. Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Morti said...

Ooh - looks like you've had fun playing! I've not even thought about Xmas cards yet but it's September and I think I really ought to...!!

Happy WOYWW

Morti @24

Debbie said...

Wonderful card! I love how the front, inside, and envelope all match!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

BJ said...

Nice neat workspace, and like your Christmas card and hope you are feeling better now. I'm way behind this week, stuff started up and I got totally exhausted by Wednesday night!
I did a post, not so long ago about Geocaching vs Pokémon which would give you an intro to Geocaching, I love it. If you need any advice do email me.
Thanks for visiting me BJ#15

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Delightful card! And so much was happening there ...
Thank you for sharing with HLS CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Lisbeth van den heuvel said...

hi
great card
thanks for joining us at crafty hazelnut christmas challenge extra
hugs Lisbeth
DT CHCC