Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning all

Hard to believe it's THAT time of the week already .. seems only a couple of days ago that I was at a scrapbooking retreat. Yeah, well, actually ... it WAS only a couple of days ago! Seems to have rekindled my interest too .... check this out





Materials used:
  • Royal Caribbean scrapbooking kit (from an onboard workshop) dating back to 2014 which, I'm ashamed to say had never been used!! I used most of the stickers, all of the gemstones and 50% of the papers - reSULT!
  • Ephemera collected on said cruise!
  • Tag upon which I recorded my journalling
  • PaperMania numbers stamps for the dates, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gel pen to accentuate numbers
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - September 20th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Sweet Stamping - 17th September challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  3. My Sheri Crafts - challenge No. 190 - TRAVEL

Onwards and upwards, it seems that this past weekend has spurred me on to catching up (a little) with my scrap booking ....




Materials used:
  • Pink stripey paper (manufacturer unknown as I've had it a while)
  • NOEL strip which is part of a VERY old QVC card topper kit
  • Sizzix die cut snowflakes from white card
  • Iridescent snowflakes (either Joann's or HobbyLobby)
  • Gold glitter mini tree decorations (with the hanging loop cut off)
  • Chipboard self adhesive reindeer (which I've had so long the self adhesive wasn't!)
  • 3mm board reindeer head (Michaels)
  • Red glitter "Happy"
  • Tag, for my journalling
  • Dylusions and Inkadinkado alphabet/numbers stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gel pen to highlight

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Scrapbook Stamp Society - challenge No. 100 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafting from the Heart - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Scrappers Delight - challenge No. 59 - ANYTHING GOES

Found out one of my cards was a "top pick" for their "Primary colours" challenge over at the Inkspirational challenge blog - delighted, thanks peeps. Want to see the pick? See below ..........


 

And now, since it IS What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday, here's a peek at my desk - I shall be entering it for WOYWW #381, where I'm entry #


What looks like acres of .. EMPTINESS!


26 comments:

Neet said...

Love the acres of emptiness. A new starting point ready to get messed up again.
Only thing is I also love the LO's you have been doing. My what a catch up with Christmas as the theme on one of the pages. Just love the first page, love those patterns in the top left and bottom right pages - they set the photos off beautifully and balance with the next page perfectly.
Keep scrappin' and keep showin'
Hugs, and Thanks for visiting me earlier
Neet 2 xx

Helen Haines said...

What a great page such fabulous memories. Thank you for joining us at The Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

Lunch Lady Jan said...

At least your acres of emptiness are flat rather than ridged like mine! Love your LOs, especially the one with the mono background, very elegant!
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

SARN said...

I just picked myself up after fainting at the sight of your EXTREMELY TIDY desk! Well done that woman! Keep it up!

Super scrapbook layouts there too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

LisaDV said...

I had a clean up on my desk too, so that I can mess it up again with more projects. Seems like you've been busy too. Two fabulous layouts (I love using old supplies) and that gorgeous card! I'm loving that flair on it. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #25

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy you are having a great deal of fun, well done indeed. Loving how you've captured all those me,oriels in your layouts very clever. Mm I rarely have acres of emptiness impressed that one desker does :D
Happy WOYWW!!
Shaz in Oz.x #19

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Pat said...

Congratulations on being top pick at Inkspirational with that great card Kathy and love your layouts, also what a tidy space. I wish mine looked like that at the moment. x

jill said...

Some lovely layouts you've shared with us. Jill #28

Sharon Koole said...

Your desk looks lovely with lots of space to begin new projects. Your scrapbook pages look wonderful - great way to share memories.

Have a great week
Sharon K #35

Sandy Leigh said...

Lovely pages. A scrapbooking retreat sounds so fun! Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #30

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW. Your LOs are great - and congratulations on using up stash. Always satisfying. Ali x #33

okienurse said...

Awesome layouts…I think I have some papers etc from a Carnival Cruise years ago…I am going to have to look it up. I am on a use it or lose it crusade lately. I am tired of all the stuff hanging around. I someday hope my desk will be as neat and tidy! Have a great week. Vickie #4

Jane Proffitt said...

Great page! Lovely way to showcase your memories. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog. ❤️ Jane P. DT

Angela Radford said...

Loving your winning card, very nice. Not sure about the empty desk Lol! but sure you will fill it up soon. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great woyww, Angela x 16

StampedbyChris said...

Your pages from your trip are great. I'm glad to see someone else scrapbooking ephemera! I think it helps to tell the story.
Have a great WOYWW week!
Hugs
Chris #27

Dorlene Durham said...

Your layouts are wonderful and I love the clear desk. Dorlene #48

BJ said...

Glad to see you are back to scrapping, hope my LOs give you some inspiration although I am a "fit as many photos on a page gal!"
Thanks for visiting me BJ #21

Marit said...

How fun... I recently found back my 'scrap-delight' too and plan on creating a lay-out every now and then - I even bought another scrap-design-paper today to use with a photo of my son... should be fun to work on 12x12 for a change. Thanks for visiting my little space on the web earlier. Hug from Holland, Marit #20

Angela B said...

Love your layouts! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Happy crafting,
AngelaTTCRD DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sue Crease said...

Love the layout. Thanks for joining in with us over at myshericrafts this week.
Sue

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Brilliant scapbooking pages, you've created great layouts. Such a fab way to record your memories of your cruise (I love cruising) and Christmas time. This is just perfect for our 'Anything But A Card’ challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy beautiful layout
Thanks for join our 100ste CH at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
Good Luck and hope to see you again

Glenda said...

Wonderful scrapbook pages of your cruise memories! Thank you for sharing in our Travel challenge at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda

Scrap World da Leo said...

Great layout! pretty ! Thanks for joining us over here at Scrapbook Stamp Society.
Good Luck!
Eleonora DT

Crafting Circle said...

Very cute, I love the nontraditional tones you used :) Thank you for joining in at the Scrapper's Delights Blog Challenge.

MsWipz DT

Sarah said...

I love your travel layout! Beautiful papers and great inspiration for me to get back to my scrapbooking also! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!