Sunday, 30 October 2016

Another lazy Sunday .. but this one's the last in October!

Morning all,

Last Sunday in October? I'm still wondering what happened to September so who stole October?!?!? In case I miss it - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Decided to make a card that's a little more fussy and fancy than I usually make (these days), hope you aren't too shocked by it!!!!

My card
And a closer view of my image panel
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and you will (NO DOUBT) notice it's another view of the FRONT
of my envelope instead of the reverse - DOH! Sorry about that but the back IS decorated!
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and a snippet for my image panel
  • Light blue card cut to 4" x 5.25" and two snippets for matting and layering
  • DCWV snippet of patterned paper (from the Rock Star pad) for matting
  • Strip of lace ... just because I could - still trying to use up those snippets in all their forms!
  • Dylusions flower image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft gel markers used to colour
  • Crystal stickles to embellish
  • Art Impressions sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



Whilst it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off from my usual style, I still really like it - reminds me of when I used to belong to the original Craftbubble crafting forum and made so many lovely friends (both online and in real life) and entered the Saturday "Sketchie" challenges - those WERE the days.

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 253 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 134 - LOTS OF LAYERS - I count 8!
  3. Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 355 - LOTS OF LAYERS
  4. Colour Crazy Craft - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  5. The Pencil Case - challenge No. 31 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
And here's a really CAS kind of card to show you that I haven't totally lost the plot!!


My card




The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:-
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 4" x 5.25" and edged using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Inkadinkado foliage (from their meadow set) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink, stamping a second time without re-inking and then stamped a third time but using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampendous sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Diamond stickles used to highlight only the black image, the "H" and "B" of the Happy Birthday

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 222 - BIRTHDAY
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CAS on Sunday - challenge No. 95 - FLOWERS

18 comments:

lilian said...

Two nice cards Kathy, Still got it when you use more on the first card

Lilian

SARN said...

Both cards are great and show off your versatility.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, SArn xxx

Anjie said...

Fabulous makes. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the lace on the top card.

Sue xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, I like them both.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy. I love the way you have backed the lace with the card to make a very pretty border with the lovely flowers, and the silhouette foliage looks great with the shadow stamping. x

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. The lace looks so pretty on the first and I love the colours. Barbxx

Jane Knudsen said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you showcased the ribbon with such a gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar!

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Kathy. I especially love the first one, beautiful colours and the added lace is perfect. xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Kathy! I love the lace on the first card! You did a great job with your fussy and fancy layered card! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges this week!

Di said...

Well I never, I thought this was the wrong blog when I saw your snippets card. Such a change in style and every bit as stunning as your usual work Kathy! Love the addition of the lace :)

Hugs

Di xx

Aileen Ryan said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy, love how you have done both.

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and sparkle!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Helen Haines said...

Lovely pretty cards. Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge. Helen DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

Such a clean and pretty design. :)
Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

Bev said...

Such a pretty card Kathy. Thank you for joining in with us at The Pencil Case.

Pat said...

Hi Kathy, I just came over to say congratulations on winning over at Pixie's Playground this week. I wonder what the chances are of you and I both winning something within a few days of one another. x

Bettina L. said...

This is such an adorable CAS card. Love the flowers. Thanks for playing at Creative Fingers and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Creative Fingers xx