Sunday, 2 October 2016

Another lazy Sunday ....

Morning all

How's your weekend coming along? Ours is doing well, managed to avoid getting wet yesterday despite the downpours! YAY!

I've a make to share with you today ... I'm on a roll with both cards featuring birds and which are CHRISTMAS cards - always good to crack on with THOSE at this time of year!

My card
The inside of my card and the front of my envelope
The front and back of my card and the back of  my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 9½ x 13½cm
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 x 13cm
  • Snippets of white, navy and red card, for matting
  • Sparkle n'Sprinkle flamingo stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Narrow red satin ribbon

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 249 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. CraftyCatz weekly challenge - challenge No. 340 - BIRDS OF A FEATHER
  3. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 213 - HOLIDAY
  4. Just add ink - challenge No. 331 - JUST ADD WINGS
  5. Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 351 - PICK ANY HOLIDAY - went with Christmas!!!

I also received my latest batch of ATC swap materials from my Isle of Skye trading card buddy ... here's what she sent me ...

It's a cute image and a two layered paper flower

I was initially a bit stumped as I don't really do "cute" any more but then I had a bit of a light bulb moment ... and thought "HALLOWEEN"!




Additional materials:
  • Mustard coloured ATC blank
  • Snippet of black card cut slightly smaller than ATC size
  • Snippet of grey pearl card cut slightly smaller than my black card layer
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous witches hat and the Inkadinkado sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink before colouring with alcohol markers and fussy cutting out
  • I used alcohol markers to colour my "cute" image using Halloween colours and then fussy cut out. I used the same markers to add colour to the paper flowers too
  • Inkadinkado "haunted house" and cobwebs stamped on to the grey layer using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • After attaching the little girl and her hat to the grey layer (and cutting off the excess) I ran the sentiment through my Xyron sticker maker and then attached across the bottom
  • Using my glue gun I stuck the flower layers together and attached to the ATC before adding a purple self adhesive pearl to the centre
  • Using a white gel pen and a black pitt pen I doodled borders around the outer layers and then applied Plaid dimensional gloss to the sentiment



Do you like what I did with it? Or did I ruin it? It has to be said that I like it much better this way .. and I just BET my swap buddy won't have given her the same treatment!

I'd like to enter this ATC for the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 325 - HALLOWEEN
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 269 - HALLOWEEN COLOURS

Have a great Sunday


17 comments:

Janette said...

Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at CraftyCatz this week.

Aquarius said...

What fun to have a Christmas flamingo - great stamp!

lilian said...

Love the card Kathy, and its really great what you have done with your things from your pal

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOVE what you did with the ATC. SO creative! Fab result too. That flamingo card is a winner too. Love it! Have a happy Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you SOON! Lx

Pat said...

I love your festive flamingo Kathy and it will certainly put a smile on the face of whoever gets it this Christmas, and I think you did great with the image your ATC buddy sent as it has made a fabulous Halloween card. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

SARN said...

Loving the flamingo festive make!

And . . . yet again . . . ingenious use of the swap materials. I like it MUCH better the way you've done it.

Happy Sunday. PS: We had a massive HAIL shower on top of a lot of rain yesterday! Perfect crafting weather! Glorious and have washing drying on the line today! That's autumn for you!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Kathy
the first card you joined at ATSM is sweet
love how you colored the bauble/lamp
sweet card
Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika

Louise Wright said...

Love that flamingo Christmas image. Sooo fun.
I think its super how you transformed the cut-e image of the girl into a halloween witch. very creative and the green face really works. I wouldn't have the courage to try it but I might do now having seen yours.
Sunny Sunday here but cold.

carol said...

fab fun card,thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Barb said...

A really fun Christmas flamingo Kathy and what an amazing ATC you've made from the image and little flower. That's thinking outside the box. I'm sure she'll be amazed when she sees it. Very clever, Great work. Barbxx

Christine Blain said...

Such a fun, festive, Christmas card (despite the flamingo having an unfestive look on his face!), Kathy. Thanks for playing along again at Just Add Ink this week!

Jan said...

So fun to have a Christmas flamingo, Kathy and your colouring is brilliant! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your gorgeous flamingo card, such a fun image. A great ATC too.

Sue xx

EdenLand Designs said...

Love this Christmas flamingo!!! The card is fabulous :) Thanks for playing along with us for our Holiday challenge at ATSM this week!
Susan - DT

Di said...

Great work Kathy and I adore the Christmas flamingo - such fun!

Apologies for being a bit late to comment - and thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your spooky card is just darling! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at HIMCR! Cyndi, DT

Deepti Aggarwal said...

OH wow...Love your Halloween card so much..such a cute image..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges.