Monday, 31 October 2016

Happy Halloween

Morning all,

You know what it's like ... you buy a set of stamps you fell in love with in the store and when you get it home you realise that there will be at least one (or more) you are unlikely to ever use?!?! We've all done it - no good pretending you haven't unless you are REALLY iron willed about your stash acquisition! However, I recently bought a set of stamps and have already used (and love) ALL of the images in the set .... don't you just love it when that happens? And DON'T you just wish it happened more often too?


My card

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of grey card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of card in white and grey for image panel and matting
  • Red/gold ribbon
  • Carabelle image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft pastel and glitter pens used to colour
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied over hearts and set aside to dry
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 317 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  2. CRAFT challenge - 27th October challenge - ADD RIBBON, SPARKLE AND SHINE.... ribbonP, sparkle(glitter pens)P  and shine (dimensional gloss)P.
  3. Amusing challenge - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING GOES
The stamp set I'm crazy about?

Then I decided to try a masculine card ... with lots of layers of stamping but using very masculine colours of grey, light blue, dark blue and black - I am loving it - wondering if I could use that chevron as a Christmas tree now though!!!


My card
And a closer view of the image panel

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of m envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of mid blue card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • MFT "swipe" stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Paper Bag Studio "scratched chevron" image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • MFT large splatter design stamped using Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink
  • MFT sentiment and small splatter stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle in the scratched chevron and a black Faber Castell pitt pen to doodle a border around the sentiment


I'll be entering this for the following challenges too:-

  1. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. AAA Cards - challenge No. 76 - MASCULINE


It's Halloween so I couldn't NOT post a monster card now, could I? This one's different again from the above two ..


My card
A closer view so you can see the stickles a little better!

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets in white and black
  • Self adhesive ribbon (black with stars)
  • Recollections monster image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to snippet which I then coloured with alcohol markers, including the background
  • Inkadinkado circles image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a border on the black matting layer
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied to the eyes
  • Diamond stickles to bling up the image and the background circles
  • Art Impressions sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 100 - MONSTER
  2. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 273 - FREESTYLE
  3. MFP - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES


Three different cards for you today .. one super CAS, one masculine with a number of stamping layers and one monstrously cute!!!! Hard to pick a fave?!?!??!

Happy Halloween




12 comments:

Jane said...

Oh wow those chevrons are amazing! Love, love how you've used them for your masculine card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

lilian said...

Great cards mate. Like you say hard to pick a fav. i think you could use the chevrons for a Christmas tree,

Lilian


SARN said...

LOVE all the makes you're showing here, cuz I really love your work, but my FAVE is the monster card!

Happy Halloween!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Three beautiful cards Kathy. I love the hearts and the vibrant blue with the chevrons and the fun monster makes a great birthday card. x

Darnell J Knauss said...

You took the words right out of my mouth, Kathy! Definitely hard to pick a fave! Also, I definitely buy stamp sets in which there are a few I know I'll never use! You have whipped up three sensational and sensationally different cards using your NBUS sets and for that, as always, you are an inspiration!! Happy Halloween! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

Oh yes, I have plenty of stamps where one image receives all the attention while the others look on, in envy! You've certainly maximized the images of this particular set, and in the most stylish of ways! A trio of WOW! The hearts, in particular, caught my eye! What a delightful way to 'make your mark'; thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Dori Shelton said...

These are all great! Thank you for joining the challenge at Perfectly Created Chaos. I hope to see you again!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Your little monster is just tooooo cute! Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
Hugs
Pam
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

I came expecting to see one card and got to experience three of your wonderful creations, Kathy. And not only cards but envelopes too. I'm so glad you shared your Congratulations card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week.

Inkyfingers said...

What a great collection of cards Kathy and I specially love that adorable alien card - reminds me of me on a bad day lol!

Daria Z. said...

All three cards are just fabulous - but I absolutely love that masculine card.

sweet art designs said...

All three cards are wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT