Sunday, 23 October 2016

Welcome to a post from me, on a lazy Sunday morning!

Morning all

How's your weekend coming along?

We were out to dinner with friends (who happen to live next door too, how lucky are we?) ..

Craft wise? A couple of projects to share with you today, here's the first one. I threw loads of abstract images in shades of blue at it - hope you think it works.

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gs, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5 and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of blue card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Dr PH Martins Bombay Indian ink (turquoise) sprayed across the lower portion of my card "front" and set aside to dry
  • My Favourite Things lines stamped using Brilliance pearlescent sky blue ink
  • Carabelle small circles stamped using Brilliance Pearlescent lavender
  • Stampers Anonymous numbers image stamped using Brilliance Mediterranean blue
  • My Favourite Things splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Paper Bag Collection scratched chevron stamped using Versafine Majestic blue ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to scribble a border around the blue matting layer



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No 221  - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. AAA Cards - challenge No. 76 - MASCULINE

And now on to a snippet make ... again, as part of a commission, I have purposely left off a sentiment as the person I am making these cards for will add her own greeting, as appropriate.


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
My snippet collection
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • White card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of white, black and blue pearl card
  • Dina Wakely stars and Stampers Anonymous stars (insert, reverse of card and the envelope)
  • stamped on to a white snippet using Versafine Majestic blue ink
  • My Favourite Things splatter image stamped using Distress Ink in barn door
  • On the larger white snippet I applied (DTP method) the barn door ink before stamping the MFT splatter using the blue ink ... which I also used to edge the white card panels
  • I matted my image panel first on to black card, then the red card and finally blue pearl card


And I will be entering this for the following challenges too:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 252 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Alphabet challenge - October 14th - Q is for QUICK AND SIMPLE
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Thats Crafty - October 14th challenge - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

Enjoy the rest of your weekend


9 comments:

SARN said...

Another two brilliant cards for your commission. Loving the red, white & blue stars one especially xxx

Pat said...

Two great CAS cards Kathy and I love the mixture of splatters and stripes with the numbers and the second with those beautiful stars, and the colours on both are fab. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi your cards are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge Q for Quick and Simple. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Lindsey said...

Cant beat bold colours and stars for blokes! Fab cards Kathy x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic CAS cards Kathy, love the stars on the second.

Sue xx

Di said...

Two great cards Kathy - LOVE the snippets one with the stars. Gosh, you do make some great cards that are suitable for chaps - I really struggle with those - sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar. We hope to see you next time.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Brown Sugar DT

Dori Shelton said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you so much for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We hope you join us again soon!

Glittertastic said...

Two fab cards Kathy - I especially love the stars card - really pops out!
Thank you for sharing this with us at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member