Friday, 21 October 2016

Welcome to the start of another fun weekend

Morning,

I was recently asked to make some cards for both my neighbour and her daughter. My neighbour wanted only birthday cards (some male but the majority female) whereas her daughter only wanted generic cards so she could pick the occasion herself .... here is one of those makes .....


My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5.25"
  • Snippet of white card, coloured with a purple alcohol marker and then stamped using the Inkadinkado image and Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • DRS Designs splatter image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink, which I also "swiped" around the edges of my image panel and the other white card panels too
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the image ... I had been asked to make a "generic" card - reckon this could be sympathy/birthday/thinking of you - whaddya reckon?




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. The Damsel of Distress - Hop to Stop (see below) - FEATURE PURPLE
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 215 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 323 - FABULOUS FLOWERS
  4. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No 4 - ANYTHING GOES
Hop_to_Stop_2016

If you're wondering why everything (at least that's my hope) in the blogosphere is turning purple... there IS a reason - the Hop to Stop is here! 

You see, purple is the color of National Domestic Violence Awareness month. 
1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. 
Let that sink in - 33% of all the women you meet. 

Women between the ages of 15 and 44 are more likely to be injured or die as a result of domestic violence, than through rapes, muggings and car accidents combined.

And women aren't the only people who are affected! Women, men, transgender - gender doesn't matter. Domestic violence is something that exists regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, religion, education level, etc.

And yet, it's something that is rarely talked about in very public ways. It's something that's hidden and hushed. And since papercrafters are some of the most amazing people out there, some of you have agreed to make a card (or cards) to raise awareness for this issue.Together, we CAN make a powerful impact. 

Whilst I was at it I thought I would go super CAS again ....


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • One piece of yellow card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Dina Wakely Image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Dr P.H. Martins Bombay ink in yellow used to colour image
  • Once dry I covered the image in Mod Podge dimensional gloss and set aside to dry overnight before matting on to my yellow card and then on to my base card



I shall be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Ikes World - challenge No. 74 - GIRL POWER
  2. Cards and More - challenge No. 169 - WATERCOLOUR
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - October 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

I nipped out for a days shopping and lunching with a pal on Wednesday .. managed to buy a few things including something for my Christmas shopping - YAY! NO CRAFT STASH THOUGH!

My pal seeking my opinion!!!
And now for the Friday Funny, which I found on the internet and which appealed to me ... you gotta wonder what the awesome shot must have been for the photographer to be ignoring "the cat"!!!



Have a great weekend peeps


18 comments:

SARN said...

WOW . . . I adore BOTH cards. Super CAS and perfect for 'generic' xxx

Pat said...

Two super cards Kathy and I love your sihouette flower on the pretty purple background and then that interesting DW image which looks fantastic with the yellow paint, also highlighting domestic violence, quite frightening statistics! Thanks for the Friday Funny, a great image. x

Amanda said...

Both cards are fab, I love that you complete the inside and envelope too, they are always perfectly co-ordinated. Hugs, Amanda x

ike said...

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for making something for our IKEsWORLD Challenge :-)
You will find the link up here on WEEK 1.
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.gr/2016/10/ikesworld-challenges-74-girl-power.html

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sall said...

Ohhhh gorgeous card, I've been wondering about the Diana Wakley stamps, it looks like I just need the pennies now! Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love both of your pretty cards! Beautiful!

Becca Cruger said...

These are terrific! I'm sure your neighbor will be pleased! I love how you stamped the envelope with the same image so that they coordinate! Thank you for linking up to the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence!!

Dori Shelton said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at Perfectly Created Chaos. I hope to see you again soon!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Lovely cards!

Melanie Gee said...

Great card


Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

Debs M said...

Great makes - I never would of thought of using the ph martins to colour with! I should make some generic cards as handy back ups! Great cause too x

Creative world said...

Awesome cards...CAS perfection and awesome color combo...Thank you for joining us at ATSM these week
Ċ½eljka DT

Julia said...

Love your CAS card and envelope!
Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenges.
Hugs,
Julia - DT

Tanja said...

great projects - I hope you join us again at Addicted to Stamps and More

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun technique on both cards! So funky and gorgeous. I love the floral card and it's utterly perfect for my challenge theme at Fab 'n' Funky this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us this challenge. I LOVE what you did for it. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

Preety said...

great projects!! love that card :)

Lisa said...

All so beautiful! Love it!

Susan Renshaw said...

LOVE your cards!

Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!