Monday, 17 October 2016

Welcome to the start of another week ...

Morning all,

Another week? Here we are in the middle of October, I'm still wondering what happened to September! However, this is NOT a forewarning that there's a Christmas card in this post .. surprise!

My card - I couldn't resist this lady, she's such a jolly character
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 300gsm card, cut to make a C6/A2 card plus matching sized envelope
  • 300gsm w
  • White card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Kraft card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Art Impressions image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, on to the white card panel and also on to a snippet of polka dot paper which I then cut out for a paper piecing project
  • Art Impressions sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink, cut out and then mounted on to Kraft card which I then cut in to a banner end
  • Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft gel pens used to colour
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied to the cake and balloons
  • I used a sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly for the reverse of my card - to add further humour .... it says "If it was a Hallmark it wouldn't look this good"!


I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 1012 - FOOD or BEVERAGE
  2. Pile It On - challenge No. 119 - FOOD AND DRINK
  3. Seize The Birthday - October 6th challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
And ... I'm back on the Christmas card run ...



My card
And a closer view of the glitter and dimensional gloss
The inside of my card and reverse of the envelope
The front and back of my card and front of the envelope
Materials used:

  • White, 250gs, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Two pieces of vanilla card, cut to 4" x 5.25" and coloured using Brilliance blue ink
  • Stampers Anonymous snowflake stamped using Versafine Majestic blue ink
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight and then Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied over the snowflake
  • Recollections sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 303 - CUTE or ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES




10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great cards Kathy! Thank you for your kind words on my blog for Mum and myself . . . it was greatly appreciated! Great masking with those balloons! Have a wonderful week. Sorry, must dash, off to sort some more things out that Mum had got into a muddle due to her Sepsis (she'd be mortified if she knew). Have an wonderful week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

SARN said...

Two super cards here mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love your first card with that fun and adorable lady and prettily coloured too Kathy, and your large blue glittery snowflake has made a fabulous Christmas card. x

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. The lady on the first certainly looks as if she's having fun. Barbxx

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. Love the lady image. would make you happy to receive a card with that on.

Lilian

Glenda J said...

Such a fun birthday card! Love the fun colours - well done.
Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Sherrie K. said...

Your birthday card is so FUN! I just love the image and such a happy expression! The Christmas card is beautiful! The sparkly snowflake is amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Seize the Birthday!
Sherrie K
Surprise Guest Designer

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 303 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

Heather said...

Two fabulous cards! That birthday card is super cute and super fun! I LOVE her polka dotted top! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Tina said...

super cute cards, thanks fro sharing at pile it on

Tina
dt