Friday, 28 October 2016

Welcome to the start of the weekend

Morning all,

Out to dinner yesterday, with pals, Chili's - had a delicious grilled chicken salad .. busy feeling smugly self righteous ... right until the moment our shared appetiser of texas fries arrived - I'll NEVER get thin this way!

I feel I am nearing the end of my two commissions, my neighbour asked me for a quantity of birthday cards (some masculine but the majority female or unisex) and her daughter wanted generic and sentiment free, again, mostly female or unisex - this one is one of the female/unisex birthday cards .... it's got a pretty vintage feel with the muted palette and whilst not overly masculine, I'd like to hope a guy on the receiving end wouldn't be too put out!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Black card cut to a narrow border 
  • Penny Black foliage image stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • Penny Black bird and Clearly Wordsworth sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight the foliage and sentiment




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Penny's Paper Craftng - challenge No. 301 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 95 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 335 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 133 - ANYTHING GOES

And, because I am nearing the completion of my commission I took some time out to make an anniversary card - just because I can!!!


My card
And a close up to show the sparkle and dimensional gloss
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • Bronze metallic card cut to a narrow border
  • Black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Carabelle heart/splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • My Favourite Things splatter stamped using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Fiskars sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft red metallic gel pen used to colour the heart
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied over the heart and set aside to dry
  • Diamond stickles to highlight




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 54 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - October 25th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Sentiments - October 25th challengne - ANYTHING GOES

And now for the Friday Funny which was provided by, Jan, thanks Jan - I'm sure all women past a certain age can relate to this!



And, since it's approaching Halloween Jan also sent this ..


A Halloween TRUMPkin!!!
And this one kind of gives a more even perspective of both Presidential candidates ... although the carving is much better on the one above!!!




Have a great weekend

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab cards and a great Friday Funny. Have a good weekend matey. Lx

SARN said...

Brilliant commission card and the anniversary card is FAB too.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy, and I love your PB foliage and the stylish birthday font, and then the pretty hearts for the anniversary. Great Friday funnies too. x

Viv's Visuals said...

Laughed at the funnies! Gorgeous man card Kathy - perfect. Great stamps for Anniversary card too!

Debs M said...

great cards but really love the first one! Great ff too - have a great weekend x

Jeanie Ellis said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

lilian said...

Really nice cards mate,

Great F F.

Have a good weekend

Lilian

anne said...

A beautiful card, so clean. Thank you for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
Anne DT

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz

Angela B said...

Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Happy crafting,
AngelaTTCRD DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com