Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Welcome to WOYWW (that's What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday)

Morning,

Thanks to all those who took the time to leave me a comment on which glue they used. I DO like the dual adhesive action of the Tombow glue but am also trying a new glue .... so, I HAVE GLUE!! Thank heavens for 40% coupons!




So, back to the Table of Craftiness ....


My mixed media make
The inside of my card and the envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 300gsm, card cut to a C6/A2 blank with matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, two pieces of black card and one piece of grey card + snippets of white and grey
  • I coated the smaller snippet with gesso before applying and blending Distress Crayons in citrus, seedless preserves and fossilised amber
  • Using TCW stencils and a baby wipe I knocked back some colour and added Ranger Archival jet black ink applied with a piece of cut and dry
  • I stamped the DRS splatter and Stampers Anonymous numbers using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Stampers Anonymous man with umbrella image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Grey organza ribbon


This card was for a commission and I was asked to leave it blank. I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Crafting When We Can - challenge No. 130 - ANYTHING BUT A SQUARE CARD
  2. Take a word - October 16th challenge - MASCULINE
  3. Dream Valley challenges - challenge No. 142 - ONE FOR THE BOYS
  4. Stamplorations - Stencil Sunday challenge No. 68 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES but MUST use a stencil


Since the above was a masculine and mixed media make then this card is almost the exact opposite ... it's a cute card, bit of a departure for me. I had some stamped images which I've had for ages without using. I normally like to match the inside and the envelope to my card front but since the image was already stamped and I'd taken it elsewhere (I may even have sold it again) I didn't have that opportunity so I did the next best thing!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card (purposely left blank) and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • One piece of glittered DCWV striped cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of white card had already been stamped with the Stampendous image so I merely coloured it using alcohol markers and blinged it up with Crystal stickles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss
  • Hampton Arts party hat image (closest "match" to my already stamped image) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - October 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - October 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Glitter 'n Sparkle - challenge No. 210 - ANYTHING GOES
And just yesterday I was hoping to get away with sneaking in to a craft store unseen, so imagine my surprise to bump in to someone I knew ..... Amanda, if you see this then please get in touch, I don't seem to be able to find your e-mail address!! Sorry

Amanda, who I met at the HLS crafting retreat in July!

And now, since it IS Wednesday ... a sneaky peek at my desk!I'll be entering this for the WOYWW challenge where it's challenge No. 385 and I am entry No. 33





29 comments:

SARN said...

Totally love the mixed media card - AWESOME! And the cutesy one is just adorable too.

Fancy bumping into someone you know in a craft shop across the pond! Amazing!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Oh I've not seen that glue before. Love both your cards Kathy. The second is very pretty. What a cutie she is. My favourite is the umbrella man. I just love that background. Have a lovely day. Barbxx

Pat said...

Two great cards Kathy and love your mixed medium gentleman with his umbrella, and then the cute little lady so prettily coloured, and how clever to find a similar hat to put on your envelope and the inside of your card. What a coincidence that Amanda was visiting the craft store at the same time as you, and love the photo, and also the view of your workspace, looking quite tidy I think..lol. Enjoy the rest of your week. x

indybev said...

The umbrella'd gentleman is a great example of stamping. Both cards are great fun! Thanks for sharing.

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi kathy, love the cards. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #4xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kathy. Two lovely cards there today - and a great photo of you with your friend. It's so good when we meet up with other crafters, isn't it?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

okienurse said...

great looking cards! I think we on a similar track as far as glues go! Went to Michael's the other day and picked up those glues and the clear Tombow! I have a lot of cards that I made just last year that are already popping of the card stock cause I used a glue runner…not doing that again. Have a great week. Vickie#11

Debs M said...

great makes - love that little girl! wow what a surprise! x

Chidkid said...

Fab cards. Great colouring..something I struggle with. Happy WOYWW. Elaine no. 16

Anne said...

Like your cards, especially the little girl. I like using Tombow glue. anne x #23

Sharon Koole said...

I like your cards especially the one with the little girl on it. I haven't tried that glue. Will have to keep an eye out for it.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #34

Lynne Mizera said...

Well isn't this just serendipidous (SP?) I am scrolling through your blog, reading and lookning and thinking WOW! this is a great project, she should enter it into this month's challenge over at the mixed media Design team I am on at STAMPlorations!... And then I saw that you did! She says SMILING and WAVING! Happy WOYWW from Lynne in Canada (#3)

April Story said...

Good luck on your challenges. I hope you share which glue you prefer.
April #39

LisaDV said...

Gorgeous cards - all of them. I may have to lift the mixed media one. Happy WOYWW week! LisaDV #35

CraftyHope said...

I think your solution on the more girly card was perfect! It matches up without being overdone. Great idea!
Hope #45

laurigami said...

So gorgeous cards. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
laurigami

Angela Radford said...

Loving your cards, the girly one is so sweet. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

Vickie Y said...

Love the mixed media umbrella man card! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.

Michele said...

i love that umbrella man! excellent mixed media piece. little girl is quite cute as well! xo

Melanie Gee said...

So cute.


Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely male card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

AliWade said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I have lots of glue, but neither of those. I really want to get some Distress Crayons. Ali x #27

Heather said...

I am in love with your mixed media card! I've never used the distress crayons before - so pretty! Sorry I'm so late! Have a great week! Heather (waywardgypsy) #51?

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have drawer envy! Look at those beauties - I bet they are stuffed with all sorts of treasures. I don't really have enough stash to warrant storage like that...maybe one day :-D
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Ozstuff said...

Wonderful cards featuring "man with umbrella". Great artwork.

Tanja said...

love your Distress Crayon background - I hope you join us again at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Morti said...

Lovely work Kathy....


I'm super late getting here this week but felt the need to pop in and say Hi.

Morti @40

Patti Krauss said...

Super card, Kathy. Always love the Tim Holtz stamps. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Sanna Lippert said...

such a lovely project!! that umbrella man is one of my faves too! thanks for playing along with us at the STAMPlorations mixed media challenge!