Friday, 4 November 2016

It's time for a Friday Funny

Morning all,

I'd like to welcome new follower, Regina Kolebabchuck, thanks for opting to follow me, hope to see you again soon. Couldn't find a blog for Regina but she's on facebook.

It's been a while since I've used a sketch (successfully .. regular readers will recall I STARTED to use a super sketch but took a wrong turn somewhere along the line!) so, I thought it high time I had another go ...


My card

And a closer view of the images

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels, cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • Black card panel cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets in white (coloured blue using alcohol marker), blue card, black card, grey card, DCWV star card and then a snippet of IKEA polka dot wrapping paper
  • On the marker coloured blue snippet I stamped the Dylusions letters/small circles images using Brilliance pearlescent lavender and Mediterranean blue inks
  • On the blue card I stamped the Dina Wakely star image using Ranger Archival watering can ink before cutting out
  • Once my card was assembled I used a white gel pen to doodle a border and diamond stickles to highlight the star
  • As it was a thank you card I used the TPS Studio sentiment on the inside, reverse and the envelope, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Fusion Card Challenge - November 3rd challenge - Fusion challenge, use the sketch or the pic or both! I used the sketch and the polka dot + letters/numbers from the pic to make a masculine THANK YOU card
  2. City Crafter - challenge No. 336 - I SEE A STAR
  3. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 134 - LOTS OF LAYERS  (7)
  4. AAA Cards - challenge No. 76 - MASCULINE
  5. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 336 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES




Been making a lot of cards lately and thought it was time to make an ATC




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of IKEA polka dot wrapping paper
  • Snippet of yellow card
  • Dylusions image stamped using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Dylusions leaves and Hampton Art sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Leaves and border coloured using Kaisercraft neon/pastel/glitter pens 
  • My Favourite Things image stamped on to another snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink and coloured using alcohol markers, before fussy cutting out
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss applied over leaves, hair ornament and boots
  • Faber Castell pitt pen used to doodle a border
  • Self adhesive glitter droplet and Diamond stickles used to highlight and embellish


So anyway, there we were .. in the back yard yesterday when we heard this screech and a bird landed in a nearby tree .. proceeded to spend the next twenty minutes giving us the evil eye (whilst probably trying to work out if he could "take us" and if were likely to taste good). Obviously a hawk but, frankly, I don't know a lot about birds, particularly birds of prey. Surrogate grandson (a budding falconer) suggested it might be a red tailed hawk, we had a quick look online and wondered if it might be a juvenile red shouldered hawk (like we would know!!!) and someone else suggested a goshawk so, we're going to go with surrogate grandson's offering as he is passionate about his hobby and way more likely to know the answer, thanks "H".




This week's Friday Funny comes to you courtesy of my pal, Mary - ENJOY



Have a great weekend



14 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ha ha ha! I'm still laughing at the Friday Funny. It SO reminded me of our Archie :oD

Lovely to see a sketch. It's been a while hasn't it. Seems like an age since we were doing weekly sketches doesn't it.

Love your little ATC too. You're on a roll Mrs.

I'm off to work today and I see you were up at the crack of stoopid. Thanks for the beautiful bird pic. They certainly do have some amazing wildlife in Florida don't they.

Lx

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, liking the colours

F F good.
Lilian

Pat said...

This a very pretty card Kathy in that lovely powder blue and with all the stars, and also the great ATC with that cute MFT image and that bright yellow background. The Friday Funny made me smile, especially the expression on the dog's face, and I have no idea what bird of prey that is but a rare thing to have one land in your garden. Have a good weekend. x

Jane said...

Fabulous masculine card, loving all the stars and dark colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card for our challenge!! Got to say I love that dog photo and caption ... It really made me laugh!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

SARN said...

WOW - love the star card, and the cute little ATC you're sharing.

Fancy seeing that marvellous bird of prey too. Amazing.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Super card and ATC Kathy, loving the Friday funny of course too he he ;) Viv xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges. Happy crafting!
Catherine X DT

Barb said...

A lovely card Kathy and I love the ATC. Well I couldn't possibly guess at the bird but he's very big! Love the Friday Funny. Now that did make me LOL. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Linda Callahan said...

The star works perfect for the sketch! Great card! So glad you joined us at Fusion!

Stella said...

Your dog/quote made me laugh! Your car dis lovely; great take on our theme! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

Gorgeous! I love the layout and the color combo. Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps challenge.
Sai

Lyndal said...

Super cute stars! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Michelle said...

Great cards, but I was completely distracted by that hilarious dog, haha! :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!