Saturday, 12 November 2016

Welcome to Saturday

Hi there readers,

Hoping you are enjoying your weekend. I know it's been snowing in parts of the U.K. (as well as many other parts of the World too) and I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying how pretty the World looks with a covering of snow.

My card

The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of black card cut to 4" x 5.252
  • Snippets of card in white, black and DCWV patterned card
  • Unkown cupcake image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink ... I've had it so long I don't recall the name of the manufacturer
  • Paper Smooches sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Prismacolour pencils and blender used to colour
  • Diamond stickles and Kaisercraft gel pens to add highlights



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 23 - USE SOMETHING FROM YOUR STASH ... I've had the cupcake stamp for ages and don't use it often enough, also the pretty DCWV card snippet
  2. Colour Crazy Challenge - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Julia Spiri challenges - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES with the twist of "USE A NEW COLOURING MEDIUM" ... recently acquired Prismacolour pencils

I also got to return to journalling with a page I started AGES ago - using Bleeding Art Tissue


My page

And a closer view of my distress glaze
Materials used:
  • Images by Pam Carriker (sequin waste), Dylusions (stars), CAS-ual Friday (sentiment), Hero Arts (border and circles)
  • Stencils by TCW
  • Inks: Hero Arts neon yellow, Ranger Archival in watering can and jet black, Memento luxe in nautical blue
  • Distress glaze
  • White gel pen




I'll be entering the above project for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING (Mixed Media) GOES
  2. Welove2create - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING (Mixed Media) GOES

And now, a little later than normal ..


My card


The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card cut to 4" x 5.25" (for the insert)
  • Inkadinkado penguin and My Sentiments Exactly sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft gel pens used to colour and glitter the image





I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No.302 - ONE LAYER CARD WEEK ... BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS - inspired by Mr Poppers Penguins!!!
  2. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - September/October challenge - FESTIVE BIRDS

Have a great weekend


13 comments:

Pat said...

I love your cute cake thank you card Kathy, and the journal page is a riot of fabulous colour. The bleeding art tissue looks great with all the different textural stamps and your striped star. Have a lovely weekend. x

Esther said...

I don't know how you get so much done in a day Kathy! Gorgeous creations here, and all with your usual eye for colour and layout <3 Love the bright, busy and warm feel off the first two... and laughed out loud at your Less is More entry... what a fab idea! Super card! Thanks so much for playing along with us :)

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. I love the cupcake and your journal page looks fantastic. Barbxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Brilliant penguin! Great interpretation - LOL.
Cupcake looks scrummy (now I want cake) and bright colours of the journal page are wonderful for cheering you up on a grey day!

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. I particularly like the journal page. Fab! Lx

Andree said...

A fabulous journal page. Lovely colours and a great selection of stamps and stencils.
Thank you for joining in with the November challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow Kathy you have been a busy beaver, getting all these projects created...
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Sharon said...

Ha ha! That's a brilliant take on the books theme Kathy...loving your Mr Poppers Penguins! Superb. Your other makes are droolingly gorgeous and I bet they are a joy to see with their warm colours for anyone surrounded by snow. Awesome creativity as always. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Gerrina said...

Haha what a great way to get inspired and use a pinguin! I know those books from the english books I had to read for my schoolexams...
Perfect CAS and funny!
And great that you made a set again!

SARN said...

WOW - so much to see and comment on in this post.

FANTASTIC journal page matey! LOVE IT.

Cute Christmas card too.

LOVE the flowery cupcake image too. What a lovely stamp! You've made a gorgeous card with it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sarah Gray said...

I am always impressed by your versatility, Kathy - from the rich and textural journal page through to your crisp, CAS penguin card! Love that sweet penguin and lots of white space too. Great to see you at Less is More :)

NanaConnie said...

Great design, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our "Use Something from your Stash" challenge at Morgan's ArtWorld this month. Good Luck.
NanaConnie DT

Arlene said...

Darling cards. I'm commenting on your cupcake card for Morgan's Artworld - darling and love the matching envelope. I have some of those types of stamps from forever ago too.


So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld.