Monday, 28 November 2016

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning all

Having had a busy weekend (Crop all day Saturday and then pal's stopping by on Sunday) I found I really hadn't had time to craft for my "usual" weekend challenges so ... here's a post from me on a day you don't USUALLY see me ... with those weekend challenges!


My card

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card
Materials used:

  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Three pieces of white card cut to 9cm and 9½cm square + snippet for sentiment
  • Circle die cut from one of the 9½cm pieces and then run through my Big Shot inside a Tim Holtz embossing folder
  • Using the 9cm piece of white card I stamped the Penny Black image before sprinkling white embossing powder and heat setting
  • Using a mini blender I applied Distress Inks in festive berries and fired brick
  • I flicked water over the finished image, allowed to develop for a few second before blotting with paper towel
  • Crafters Companion spray and shine used to seal the Distress Inks
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then fussy cut out
  • For the insert and envelope the Penny Black image was stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-

  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 304 - RECIPE - EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 257 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 41 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. AAA Cards - challenge No. 78 - CIRCLES



Trawling t'internet yesterday I found that Jan (Lunch Lady Jan) had taken some great pix and posted them online and I'm ashamed to say that I pinched them but .. all credit goes to Jan for the three photos below and you can check out the rest of her fab pix here

Jan's photo

Jan's photo - action shot!!!

Jan's photo
Doesn't matter where I go, my desk is always a mess



16 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

Love the vibrant colours on this card Kathy! Been away again this weekend - hoping Mr Mojo is sat on the craft desk waiting for me! Have a great week. x

SARN said...

Brilliant photo's. Glad you had a good time.
LOVING that square birthday card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Love the pb stamp! Fab pix x

Sarita said...

Really beautiful xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab photo's Mrs. So glad a good time was had by all. Lx

Di said...

Great photos Kathy - loving your messy area :) And the snippets card is gorgeous - Rhubarb Stalk is one of my fave colours in the Memento range :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

I'm loving the reds on this pretty card Kathy and the photos are great. x

catherine said...

Fabulous card Kathy and love how the red pops of the card. Glad you enjoyed your crop at the weekend
x catherine

Coralynn Murray said...

I love your take on our circles challenge. The colours just pop and the embossing is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

lilian said...

Great card Kathy. loving the colour,

Good pictures of the crop

Lilian

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card Kathy and fantastic envelope to go with it.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this card and matching envelope - looks really special! Thanks for the follow! Hugs, Chrisx

Sue said...

Gorgeous colours on your card, Kathy, so vibrant. Lovely how you decorated the envelope too.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous and vibrant colour choice Kathy and a super elegant BG and stamped image. A super 'circle' and great take on the challenge at AAA Cards. Thanks for playing along there and Less is More this week. Always love how you coordinate the envelope too - so much attention to detail. Great piccys too. Sarah x

Esther said...

What a fab card Kathy! So bright and warm with that gorgeous red inking, and loads of texture from the embossing. Beautiful PB stamp too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sharon said...

Super-duper embossing Kathy - both the dry and the heated variety. You really captured the shine of the heat embossing so well in your pic. Love the gorgeous warm colours too. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx