Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Welcome to Tuesday ....... important day?

Morning all,

Today sees an important day in American history, it seems likely that the U.S. will be choosing a new President who will either be the first woman President OR the first President who's not previously been regarded as a politician - the other contenders haven't figured largely in the campaign so seem to already be "also rans". GOOD LUCK America.

Anyway, whilst watching this political race with mild interest I find myself preparing for Christmas by making Christmas cards and using NBUS!! (that's Never Before Used Schtuff, according to the lovely Darnell, who coined the phrase)

My card

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75"x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of white card, for the sentiment and matting
  • My Favorite Things image and sentiment stamped on to base card and snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Recollections sentiment (on the inside of my card only) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Prismacolour pencils used to colour my image
  • Red alcohol marker to colour the larger white snippet, for matting
  • Diamond stickles and Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, use to highlight




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamping Sensations - November challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 306 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 121 - CHRISTMAS COLOURS
  4. Weekly Christmas Card Challenge - challenge No. 47 - ANYTHING GOES with OPTIONAL photo challenge - see below


16 comments:

SARN said...

Sure hope I'm on the "nice" list this year!

I am just LOVING that cute Santa set you got.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Amanda said...

Fabulous card, love those Santas. Hugs, Amanda x

lilian said...

I just love that Santa Kathy, Great card

Lilian

Viv's Visuals said...

Great card Kathy - he's a real cute Santa! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month!

Debs M said...

love that santa! He is cute enough to make me want to make some crimble cards x

Pat said...

Your Santa is so cute and such fun Kathy and I love the sentiment, it really made me smile. I think you must be getting on well with your cards, I'm afraid I am well behind with mine as per ususal..lol. x

Squirrel x said...

This is just gorgeous hun, love it! One of my most favourite MFT sets ever xx

brenda said...

A super Christmas creation for our Stamping Sensations November challenge and what a fun sentiment, many thanks for joining in and sharing your lovely work.

B x

samantha's cards said...

Great card, fantastic coloring. Thanks for joining in at Christmas card challenges.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Aw, thanks for the shoutout, my friend! YOU are definitely on the NICE list!! Sweet and fun card!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan Powell said...

I love the sparkle on Santa's beard. Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 306 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

laurie said...

What a fun and festive card!Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week! Good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

Great job! So fun and cute! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Dora said...

Great text with matching the santa.
Beautiful simplicity card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.