Friday, 11 November 2016

Welcome to the weekend and some Friday Funny's

Morning all,

You know how it is when you buy a new ink and just have to try it .... well I bought a Memento luxe pad in nautical blue .... couldn't wait to try it. Set off to make a Christmas card, then thought nautical (because of the colour and the name) and ... you guessed it, made neither! I love the funky and modern feel of the sentiment and the mixed media feel of the varying fonts in the numbers along with the overall grungey feel of this card and hope you do too, readers.


My card

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of DCWV (from their rockstar stack) blue card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Pam Carriker sequin waste image stamped using Brilliance pearlescent lavender ink
  • Hampton Arts number image and CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Tsukineko's Memento luxe nautical blue ink (NBUS, I've been dying to try this ink)
  • Dina Wakely grungey stars image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • MFT splatter images stamped using the Memento luxe and Ranger Archival watering can inks
  • Scribbles dimensional glitter glue in night star (black for want of a better description!) to highlight the grungey stars




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Glitter and Sparkle - November 6th challenge - ONE FOR THE MEN (as it's Movember)
  2. Paper Artsy - challenge No. 21 - TYPOGRAPHY AND QUOTES
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 303 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Southern Girls - challenge No. 148 - ANYTHING GOES
I discovered that I won the monthly prize over at Simply Less Is More, I'm delighted to have been picked, with the card below ..... thanks ladies, I've e-mailed you.


 We'd love you to display our banner

And now for the Friday Funny, half inched from facebook again as I'm running out of useable Friday Funny's, I get sent lots but, frankly, some of them may be open to misinterpretation and I therefore choose to err on the side of caution. Hope you like this one1






And finally, many of you may have already seen the 2016 John Lewis advert but .. if not, allow me, gave me cause to chuckle out loud.




Have a great weekend

6 comments:

lilian said...

Congratulations on your win mate

Love the card, Great colour,

F F are good and love the advert.

Lilian

Angela Radford said...

I am loving your card Kathy but have to say above all thanks for showing us the John Lewis advert as I had not seen it and it's brilliant. Happy crafty weekend, Angela x

Debs M said...

great make, well done on your win! x

SARN said...

Congrats on your LIM Win mate. Well deserved too.

I Like the modern feel of your new blue ink card.

Chuckled at the FFs. Will E shortly xxx

Judy V said...

Great card! So glad you shared with us at Glitter 'N ' Sparkle!

Cara said...

A fabulous card and congratulations on your win too! Thanks for for joining us this week at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x