You know how it is when you buy a new ink and just have to try it .... well I bought a Memento luxe pad in nautical blue .... couldn't wait to try it. Set off to make a Christmas card, then thought nautical (because of the colour and the name) and ... you guessed it, made neither! I love the funky and modern feel of the sentiment and the mixed media feel of the varying fonts in the numbers along with the overall grungey feel of this card and hope you do too, readers.
|The front and back of my card and front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
- One piece of DCWV (from their rockstar stack) blue card cut to 4" x 5.25"
- Pam Carriker sequin waste image stamped using Brilliance pearlescent lavender ink
- Hampton Arts number image and CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Tsukineko's Memento luxe nautical blue ink (NBUS, I've been dying to try this ink)
- Dina Wakely grungey stars image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- MFT splatter images stamped using the Memento luxe and Ranger Archival watering can inks
- Scribbles dimensional glitter glue in night star (black for want of a better description!) to highlight the grungey stars
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Glitter and Sparkle - November 6th challenge - ONE FOR THE MEN (as it's Movember)
- Paper Artsy - challenge No. 21 - TYPOGRAPHY AND QUOTES
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 303 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
- Southern Girls - challenge No. 148 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for the Friday Funny, half inched from facebook again as I'm running out of useable Friday Funny's, I get sent lots but, frankly, some of them may be open to misinterpretation and I therefore choose to err on the side of caution. Hope you like this one1