Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning 

We live in interesting times and with the recent upheaval with the British "Brexit" issues and the U.S. elections - can't help but wonder how we'll all feel five years from now. But .. one thing is certain, life WILL go on ..... I just know that you didn't stop by my blog to hear anything overly profound so .....

With Christmas not that far away I find my attention fixed on Christmas cards, you can never have too many, am I right? Don't you ALWAYS find that you get one from someone you didn't send to? To that end I like to have a couple more than I need, just in case!


My card

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 4" x 5.25" and 3.75" x 5"
  • One piece of black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of DCWV patterned card cut to 3.82" x 5.12"
  • White gel pen used to doodle a border on the black matting layer
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle penguin image and Recollections sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Pro Marker alcohol markers to colour with a black prismacolour pencil over the hat to give  the illusion of texture: red/poppy/pumpkin/cool and warm greys
  • Diamond stickles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss to embellish and highlight




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - September/October challenge - FESTIVE BIRDS
  2. Stamping Sensations - November challenge - CHRISTMAS GREETINGS
  3. A Passion for Pro Markers - challenge No. 371 - CUTE ANIMALS
  4. Addicted to Stamps and more - challenge No. 219 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  5. Christmas card challenge - challenge No. 47 - ANYTHING GOES 

I like to make ATC's and usually make around one a week, however, I've only made two since September - time for another? I should say so ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Paisley patterned paper in autumnal shades - that I just happened to have lying around!
  • Snippet of white card cut to 2½" x 3½"
  • Distress Crayons: Fossilised Amber, Rusty Hinge, Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves
  • Using a hardly moist baby wipe I knocked back some colour through stencils by Dylusions (leaves) and TCW
  • Using a TCW grungey lines and small circles stencil I added Ranger Archival watering can ink with a piece of cut and dry foam
  • TPC Studio sentiment and leaf image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, I also used the ink pad to "edge" the Distress Crayon panel
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a border around the autumnal paisley layer





I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - CMLI Quarterly challenge - AUTUMNAL COLOURS + SENTIMENT
  2. Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 240 - AUTUMN Y'ALL (neglected D.C.'s, old stamp)
  3. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 274 - FALL COLOURS
  4. Welove2create - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
  5. Corrosive challenge - challenge No. 11 - FALL COLOURS

Resultado de imagen de fall wallpaper
Corrosive challenge's inspirational photo


And now, its WOYWW (that's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) where it's customary to share your desks with like minded people over at Julia's blog - see it here, I am entry No. 35



30 comments:

SARN said...

Cute Christmas card and I love the autumnal ATC too.

Momentous day for the USA or what? Only time will tell how it will all pan out!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

Great card Mate, love the ATC,

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian B #17

Shaz Brooks said...

Lovely cards and ATC's. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 xx

Pat said...

This is another really cute image and a fun card and your Autumnal colours are fabulous on the ATC. I use one end of the living room for my craft area too but I must say yours looks tidier than mine and much better sorted out. x

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy. I have to say I am in love with the penguin he is gorgeous and the card is perfection, love it. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 19

Diana Taylor said...

Cute Christmas cards - what a quirky little robin! And I love the ATC - such gorgeous colours.
Thanks for visiting earlier, hope you have a good week,
Diana #25

Lynne Mizera said...

Great Read today Kathy! I love your take on the election... your Christmas cards are so sweet... your ATC makes me want to go make some of my own... and that photo of the leaves... SWOON! Happy WOYWW from Lynne in Canada #45

Furrbster said...

Two gorgeous creations, as usual!

Hugz Tinz

Monica said...

you are so right who knows where we will be in 5 years. late last we I had a frightening test results and on Monday a cheerful doctor put it in perspective and so it goes. A little late posting today and enjoying my visits to view creativity around the globe. Anyone would be thrilled to receive your carda.

Monica #49

Kuni said...

What a beautiful card.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Debs M said...

love that penguin - fab makes x

Elaine Stark said...

Love your cute penguin. Love the envelope and the inside too. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Beautiful Fall Card. I love the background
Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge.
Maria Pilar DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautifully clean and simple design using this fun penguin image, I love the decorated envelope too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Lorraine DT

Sharon Koole said...

Beautiful cards. I especially love the first one. Despite tough times the world does go on and I guess we just have to look to the good things in life.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #39

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kathy. I just LOVE that little Christmas card - he is so cute! Your ATC is great - and as for that photo - wow! Beautiful!!
Thanks for your visit and your comment. I wish you well in America at this time. May God have His way in your land - just as I pray that for Britain.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lindsey said...

Big congrats on your LIM win! xx

Lindart said...

I attended a Stampin' Up Christmas Card class this morning and made several cute cards, not unlike yours (which is very cute!) I now have 6 cards, and hopefully will make some more now that I am inspired by you and my class! My husband assured me last night the the sky would still be blue, and the sun would still come up tomorrow, and thankfully it did. We will just have to wait and see what effect this election has on the people of the USA and the rest of the world. Thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great post, Kathy, with excellent creations as usual! I'm mostly here today, however, to congratulate you on being the worthy October LIM winner! Yippie!! This made me feel good on a rotten day!! Hugs, Darnell

Neet said...

I love CAS and think it lends itself to cute and your card fits the bill here. What a lovely card great image and beautiful colouring,
I adore autumnal colours so the inspiration for your atc was just up my street, lovely atc you produced with those colours.
Have a good week and forget about the Brexit's and Trumps and just craft your way throuih.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Rema said...

Super cute Christmas card!Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

Heather said...

I am in love with your little penguin! He makes me smile... and makes your card outstanding. :) Have a great week! ~Heather~ WOYWW #51

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Penguin is ultra cute, Kathy, am loving it, even though don't do heaps of cute, penguins really grab me, we have a native penguin in Oz called the fairy penguin and they're very very cute, smallest of the penguins and have night burrows in the Sandhills and swim during the day except when raising young.
Lovely ATC too. Happy belated WOYWW! Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x #1

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

missgailly said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Janis Lewis said...

Cute. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Claire said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Inkyfingers said...

I love your cute penguin card Kathy and the CAS design is gorgeous. I love the way you use pencils over your alcohol marker - it adds such a lot! The warm autumn colours on your ATC are beautiful too.
Thanks for coming to play at ATSM this time and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Nandini said...

Very cute card. Love the little penguin. Great to see you at Addicted To Stamps and More. All the very best to you. Nandini, DT

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Rae Ann said...

This is such inky goodness! I love the interpretation of the inspiration photo.

Thank you for joining us at Corrosive Challenge for our Fall/Autumn challenge.