Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning all,

Welcome to November (yes, I know it started yesterday but I didn't post yesterday!), hope you have a good month ahead of you, along with preparations for ....... CHRISTMAS!

The card I have to share with you today is NOT Christmas and (frankly) is a bit bright so I hope you have your shades handy!


My card


A closer view of the image panel which I HOPE shows the stickles

The front and back of my card and front of the envelope

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • One piece of black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Dylusions border stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • MFT solid circle (large and small) stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow ink
  • MFT scribbled circle stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampendous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Diamond stickles used to highlight




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Artistic Inspirations - challenge No. 166 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 336 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Sentiments - November 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES

I'm wondering whether I should add another colour say blue ... or pink - your thoughts dear readers - pretty please. 

Now, since I muttered about Christmas preparations ..... so, on to a Christmas card .. I LOVE new stash


My card

A closeup view of the image panel

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card with matching sized envelope
  • Three pieces of card two cut to 4" x 5.25" and one to 3.75" x 5"
  • Stampendous candy cane (new stash) and Recollections sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour
  • Diamond stickles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss used to bling it up
  • Whilst the glue and gloss was drying I used a red alcohol marker to colour a border
  • My Favorite Things splatter image stamped around the outer edge of the red panel using Versacolour gold ink
Two new stamp sets - gotta love new stash for getting the mojo rolling!
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 134 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 46 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Allsorts - challenge No. 387 - LETS MAKE A START ON CHRISTMAS

And now, it being What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday I shall be entering my sneaky peek at my desk for their challenge No. 387 and I am entry No. 34



25 comments:

SARN said...

I just LOVE that Christmas card! It's a really lovely image and you've coloured it beautifully.

As to the neon card . . . well I like it just as it is. I think it's very striking, and personally, I don't think it needs another colour.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love your large bright sparkly circles Kathy which look perfect as they are, and the Stampendous image is beautifully coloured and I adore the way you have made the candy canes shiny so they really stand out. x

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the zingy colour of the circles, and I REALLY love that Stampendous stamp! Possibly something else going on my wish list! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #22 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

A very simple and fun card - loving that eye popping neon yellow! Those cheap plastic drawer units are so handy! I've got two of them myself and thinking of buying another one. The Fact that they're see-through helps locate stuff. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #31

Neet said...

Nice cards - and neon ink!
Hugs, Neet xx

Morti said...

Well you're right - it's bright!

I love the Christmas card, the gloss just makes it, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by this week.

Morti @30

Lindart said...

That Christmas card with the candy canes really POPs!! I love all the challenges you enter - I should start doing that too! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely cards, the neon yellow is really eye-catching and would be fab for a teenager - you've got me thinking that circle stamps might be a useful addition to the stash! The Christmas stamp is just gorgeous and I love how you glossed the candy cane too - very effective.
Thanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier - my Guinea Pig is apparently referred to as a Teddy, he's not a Rex, but we got him from a farm and he's a bit of everything rolled into one I think!!
Have a great week,
Diana #24

Céline said...

stunning
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Sharon Koole said...

Your bright card is so cheery - bet it will brighten up the day of person receiving it. Your Christmas card is pretty. I am attempting to start on mine.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon k #38

LisaDV said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them. Have a Wonderful Wednesday and terrific week. LisaDV #37

lilian said...

Both Great cards Kathy. I think the second card is great just as it is,

Lilian

Helen said...

what great cards - I love that bright birthday card! thanks for visiting. Helen #2

Anne said...

Wow what super cards. I don't think the first one needs anything else. I love how you also add to back, inside and envelope. Brilliant. Thanks for visiting me. Anne x #20

Angela Radford said...

Great Christmas card Kathy. I so love those circle stamps, great collection. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty woyww, Angela x 19

Dorlene Durham said...

I LOVE those circle cards. Just so much fun! And that Christmas candy cane card is gorgeous! Very, very nice! Dorlene #46

Wendy L said...

This is a wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

Patti Krauss said...

Love the bright circles on your birthday card, Kathy. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! - Patti (CYP DT)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yours is the first photo of a card I've seen where you can actually see the glitter!! Normally, it disappears without trace. Love the simple neon yellow circles too but what I like best is the way you decorate the envelopes, so classy!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Rema said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy. I love the cards you have made and the candy cane card it beautiful. Also I so like the way you have add touches to your envelopes. Thanks for visiting me earlier and have a great weekend. Hugs ~Anne L#1

laurie said...

Awesome card! i love the candy canes.Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenges!

Twiglet said...

Better late than never! I don't know where time goes these days. Great Christmas cards - I really must get an idea of what mine will look like soon! x Jo

Mandy LaCroix said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely christmas card and I just love that image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting From The Heart.