Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning all,

How's your week coming along? I hope your lives haven't been too disrupted by Storm Angus this past week. We've had some terrific thunderstorms and some torrential rain. Thank heavens we've not personally been flooded but a number of homes in our city have been, thank heavens for our "accidental" choice to live at the top of a hill.

Still, it WAS a great excuse to stay in and craft!


My card
And a closer view, to show the Wink of Stella twinkle!

The inside of my card and front of my envelope

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm white, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9cm and 9½cm
  • One piece of navy card cut to 9½cm
  • Inkadinkado "THANKS" image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen to draw in the large THANKS letters


I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - November 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - November 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Love to craft challenge blog - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. My Crafting Stories - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday .... here's a peek at my desk. I'll be entering this for WOYWW No. 390 over at the Stamping-Ground where it's going to be entry No. 11





22 comments:

lilian said...

Liking the card Mate and that work desk sure looks busy,

Happy WOYWDW

lilian

Judys Lace Creations said...

I could never work in my lounge.I like to have a tiny haven with little clutter.I have just had one Serious clear-out, but you'd Never know it!! I work in my garage for paint, cutting etc.I also sew in my back room. It will be tidy soon.
Putting things back after painters have been. The Pits!!

SARN said...

That's one creative desk u have there! Terrific thanku card . . . Love the look if that sentiment xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've done a lot of sewing during the storms too - though we haven't suffered with floods like many parts of Bristol. Your cards are great, I like the graphic design aspect of them!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxxx

Neet said...

Nice busy desk and nice card resulted from it.
Hugs, Neet xx (thanks for visiting me earlier)

sandra de said...

The card has come out beautifully and I am sure will be well received.
sandra de @25

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love that card. We too live at the top of a hill. In fact, if we ever got flooded, it would mean that the rest of the town would be totally under water! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

Pat said...

A great stamp and the blue and gold work well together Kathy, also your workspace looks busy. x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love your card and how you've staged it with the pebbles. We're looking to move house and we're very aware of the flood zones. Top of the hill is good - as long as it's not too steep! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

Christine said...

I too craft in 12" square - on a good day!
Love that card, what a superb stamp.
Take care
Christine #26

Sharon Koole said...

Lovely card! Your desk looks very busy. Hope you're having fun crafting and keeping that nasty weather locked outside.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #37

Mi Schra said...

Hey Kathy, I just love that card!
Happy WOYWW!
MiSchra #6

Helen said...

I love that 'thanks' stamp, not seen that one before......!!! it has made some fantastic cards. Helen #1

Angela Radford said...

Lovely busy desk and great card and envelope, very stylish. Happy woyww, Angela x18

Lindart said...

What a great card! Very happy and thankful! Thanks for Sharing, Lindart #41

Nikki C said...

Fantastic Card you've made there have a Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki 4

Debs M said...

fab card - makes me think I haven't inked the stamps we got at Newbury! x

Lynne Mizera said...

Reading about your "crafternoon" due to the storm brought back memories of so many happy Snow Days here on my side of the world! But so Glad you were safe from the storm! Happy WOYWW from Lynne in Canada, #7

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Kathy! Very cool cards - I really like the colors you choose!
Desk looks like a very happy place! Have a great week! Ginny M #17

Ann Chuang said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Love To Craft! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
HUGS!
Ann DT
http://anncard.blogspot.tw

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz DT

Ema M said...

LOVE your CAS card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Crafty hugs,
Ema