Sunday, 11 December 2016

Another lazy Sunday morning .....

Morning all,

Hope you are having a great weekend. Since it's the run up to Christmas, it's entirely possible that some of you were out enjoying social activities yesterday - hope there are no thick heads in blogland!

I  hit the Table of Craftiness running this morning. The last few times I had an image in my head which I HAD to use ... well, they didn't end well!!! However, I DID wake up with this under used bauble image in my head and - let's just say it took me a while to find it! I was beginning to think the gremlins had taken it, presumably to make their own Christmas cards! However, I'm no quitter and I tracked the errant beastie down and here is my card ...

My card

Front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:

  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14 x 9½cm
  • One piece of red card cut to 14½ x 10cm
  • Snippets of red and white card for image panel
  • Grey grosgrain ribbon
  • Paper Impressions G9405 bauble image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment (all except insert) and See D's sentiment (insert) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter pens used to colour image and sentiment
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to bauble once in situ




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 259 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Kylie is addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS challenge - DAY 8
  3. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - November Rudolph Day challenge - USE RED AND GREY
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 311 - USE GREY - a little or a lot
  5. Always use Rubber - challenge No. 5 - ANY FESTIVAL



14 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Isn't it frustrating when a stamp is hiding just where you put it, before you added all those others to the collection! So glad you hunted it out, terrific card thank you for sharing with us at Always Use Rubber. XOXO

Viv's Visuals said...

This is super cool Kathy!

SARN said...

Glad u found it , . . Its a lovely image, fab card xxx

SARN said...

Congratulations on finding that stamp, it's lovely. Fab Xmas card xxx

SARN said...

Glad u found it , . . Its a lovely image, fab card xxx

Pat said...

This is a really pretty flourishy bauble Kathy and I love the co-ordinating red layers to match. x

scrappymo! said...

This is such a lovely stamp. Your card is so pretty. Love the way you coloured the bauble. It seems to glisten!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful stamp and gorgeous card you've made with it.

Sue xx

Di said...

Great card Kathy - I love the shine on that bauble, so striking!

Hugs

Di xx

Jane Willis said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wakes up thinking about an image and just HAS to use it - you "dreamed up" a lovely card here. Thanks for sharing at Always Use Rubber
Jane

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant card, Kathy. That bauble stamp was so worth the search. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Kylie said...

An absolute stunner, Kathy. I LOVE all that gloss :) Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 311 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Perserverance paid out Kathy, well done on your creation, shame to waste an idea isn't it! 😊
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}