Saturday, 31 December 2016

It's New Years Eve ... there went another year

Hi,

Hope you've had a brilliant Christmas and have a splendid New Years Eve planned .. me? Well, I SUSPECT my NYE may involve an early night, a tub of Vick's vapour rub and a celebratory dose of night nurse!!! Not QUITE what I had in mind!

Still, I have (WO)manfully struggled on at the ToC .. that's Table of Craftiness .... I PROMISE that this will be the last Christmas card (this year)!!! Inspired by an electronic conversation I was having with Di (if you are reading this, Di, I haven't forgotten the brochure either - my excuse is that I've felt poorly, sorry, but it WILL be winging it's way to you very soon)


My card

A more close up shot of the Delicata ink - NOT embossed

The front and back of my card

The inside of my One Layer Card and the reverse of the envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkylicious image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Inkylicious sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



It seemed to both Di and I that nothing else was really necessary. I took the decision to make it a One Layer Card too - perfect for posting abroad when the time comes!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Friday - challenge No. 169 - LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS CARDS
  2. CAS-ual Fridays - challenge No. 164 - CELEBRATIONS




And now, on to my last project of the year ..... this morning I heard from one of my oldest and dearest friends that her father (who'd been in hospital since the 20th) lost his battle for life this morning. I've known Alan since I was very small and have many fond memories of him, I shall miss him and didn't feel I could "get by" with one of my generic cards so set about making a special one for the newest star in the heavens tonight.


My card

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9½ x 14cm and 9 x 13½cm
  • One grey panel cut to 9½ x 14cm
  • Snippets of pearlescent grey, blue and black card
  • Dina Wakely star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My image panel was adhered using dimensional foam tape
  • Just a touch of stardust stickles to offset the starkness

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 309 - DIMENSION
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 231 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. That's Crafty - December 23rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES

It's that time of year when one reflects on what is past and what is yet to come ... certainly from a celebrity point of view 2016 was not great. On a personal level though, I'd say it was pretty good for me; I made new friends, met some online friends for the first time, attended a couple of retreats and crops - all very sociable. On the down side, 2016 also saw some family bereavements and my friend's father just this morning - a sad fact of life. I do think that, taken all together, 2016 was a good year and I hope that 2017 will be better still.

Happy New Year to you all ... see you on the other side!!!



16 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

Nice cards and a happy new year to you and yours also. Hugs, Ankie

Pat said...

Another pretty Christmas card Kathy, and although having to make a sympathy card is not what any of us wish to do I love the stars and it fits the occasion perfectly. Sorry you are under the weather at the moment and hope you will be feeling better soon. I hope the coming year will be a good one for you and yours. x

Beate Rauer said...

lovely cards!Thanks for joining us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous as always kathy (hope you feel better very soon sweetie) - I just adore how you coordinate everything so beautifully. Gorgeous work. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Totally agree with you and Di that the card needs nothing more. Perfick just as it is.

Happy new year to you mate. Hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Esther said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's father, Kathy :( It's a particularly horrible time of year to lose someone. Your card is beautiful and I'm sure it will comfort your friend to know you're thinking of them all. Big hug. Your other card is also lovely - such gorgeous shimmery ink - and looks really elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More, and happy New Year!

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about your friends Father, always sad when someone passes.
I am thankful that we bumped into each other too, happy new year to you and hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Love this card Kathy, absolutely right as it is! I do so love Delicata ink, really rich and needs no embossing.

Hope you feel better soon - and am really sorry to hear about your friend's father. A rotten time of year to have to make sympathy cards.

Enjoy your New Year, albeit quiet, celebrations.

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

I realise I forgot to say how much I like the THINKING OF YOU card too. Such a sad time to lose a loved one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

Lovely cards mate. Loving the Christmas tree image .

Lilian

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Kathy. I love the effect of the Delicata golden glitz ink. So sad that you needed to make a sympathy card for your friend - they're never easy to make, especially to send to a close friend.

Have a great 2017! xx

scrappymo! said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friends father. You have made a lovely card, which will be appreciated so much!

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear the sad news of your friend's father and also sorry to hear you are under the weather Kathy. Hope you are feeling a little better today. You've made two beautiful cards here. The Christmas tree one is gloriously elegant in that golden colour. I particularly like the star one, it is so fitting for the sad occasion and the masculine colours are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Less is More xx

Sarah Gray said...

Both cards are beautiful in their different ways, Kathy! I do love that Christmas tree stamp, it has real style and the sympathy card with the stars is a lovely sentiment which will bring comfort, I am sure, at a difficult time. I hope that 2017 is as good for you as 2016 was and that you are feeling better! Great to see you at Less is More :)

Valerie Nolan said...

Two lovely cards Kathy, sorry to hear of your friends father passing, the theme of stars is a lovely idea.
On a different note the thought of your NYE made me giggle although I have every sympathy for your symptoms!
Take care
Val x

Gerrina said...

Sorry to read you lost someone that knows you for so long; they are often the people that not judge, but hear what you have to say and give an advice just so in between things...
Your starcard is a beautiful one!
Hope you have a beautiful, colourful and creative 2017!