Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Tuesday and a day less like Christmas is hard to imagine

Morning,

Christmas is supposed to be crisp and cold (at least in the UK) and today is supposed to be mild and a little wet - singularly UN festive!! Oh well, amazing what you can do with some Christmas lights and music .. fa la la la la

I like Clean And Simple cards but I also like to finish my cards with a matting layer - I just think it looks nice. HOWEVER, the layers add weight and weight adds money so, I thought I would try to make some smaller One Layer Cards for posting abroad and here is one of those possible makes ...


My card

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The front and back of my card
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Using my MISTI I positioned my elderly pine bough (it's so old that the cushion mount no longer even bothers to cling!!!) and stamped using Ranger Archival library green ink. 
  • Once I'd stamped the card front, back, inside and envelope I then swapped for the Inkadinkado sentiment and Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I used Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to add a little colour and a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen - to add some sparkle and VOILA!!!




I thought this would work for me for sending abroad ... right up until my husband snagged it to send to one of his pals so, back to the drawing board!

Anyway, I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Kylie is addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS challenge - DAY 10
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 137 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Boots - December challenge - CHRISTMAS



5 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful CAS card, great design. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

brenda said...

A super winter card, thank so much for sharing our lovely creation with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

I have a Tattered Lace Crossover machine to be won If you would like to join in here 

B x

SARN said...

Lovely looking festive make Kathy. You'll have to make another now Mr K has nabbed that one.

Good idea to make one layer cards for posting abroad.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Danoesja said...

This is so beautiful, also the envelope so it's a complete set.
Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Greetings, Danoesja

Kylie said...

The sentiment and pine bough make a perfect match. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx