Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Welcome to the LAST What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday of 2016

Morning all,

Hope you are all enjoying a BRILLIANT Christmas break, having a splendid time with your family and friends. I also hope that Santa was kind to you on Sunday (Saturday, Monday or whenever you opened your gifties) .. did you get loads of craft goodies? We did Secret Santa on Boxing Day, with the surrogates - thanks for your company and our presents peeps

Me? Well I took a day off from crafting, but you can't keep an obsessive crafter down for long and I just can't stop myself making Christmas cards - must be because of the season......

CARD #1

CARD #2

The front, back and inside of my cards along with the front and back of the envelope
Materials used:
  • White 10cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of red card and two pieces of white card each cut to 9½cm square
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9cm square and then die cut using the My Favorite Things snowflake die
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Verafine onyx black ink
  • Petaluma snowflake image stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink



Clean, Simple, THE perfect solution for a batch make - wonder if I'll remember this when the time comes to run up those last few cards in November of 2017!

I'll be entering this for following challenges:-
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - December 27th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Holly Jolly Christmas - December challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Crazy challenge - challenge No. 238 - EVERYTHING GOES
  4. Dream Valley challenges - challenge No. 146 - CHRISTMAS
  5. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 134 - CHRISTMAS

And now, since it IS the last WOYWW of 2016, here's a sneaky peek at my desk. I shall be entering this pic over at Julia's WOYWW challenge No. 395, where I am entry #4




HAPPY NEW YEAR


27 comments:

Helen said...

I never carry on with Christmas cards once I get to enough for the year, but well done you - love those snowflakes! Great desk too. Helen #1

sandra de said...

Well done Kathy for continuing to make the Xmas cards. I made a couple and then moved on to something else. Always regret not having made more. No craft goodies for me this chrissy but I did get a new kindle. Very happy.
sandra de @7

SARN said...

Two more super CAS Christmas cards for the 2017 collection . . . excellent work.

Happy last WOYWW for the year.

Wishing you and Mr K all the very best for 2017.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Neet said...

You have a fab day too and Happy New Year when it comes around. Looks as if you are all set for 2017 as you are making cards in readiness for next Christmas already. Nice too!
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, I too will be carrying on with Christmas Cards. Did it for the first time last year, and ended up with more than I needed, and it was so less stressful than my usual start in November! Have a great week and Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #3 xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

I should carry on making cards too - but rarely do! Resolution maybe???
Lovely CAS cards! x

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW and Happy New Year for Sunday. Christmas cards! Your's are fabulous - but I am very happy to forget about them until the autumn. I found a pad of lovely Easter paper that I bought last year, so looking forward to some spring designs in the coming weeks. BTW - I love the background of your blog. Ali x #14

Julia Dunnit said...

I can't get this to post...my PC is doing strange stuff here! Love the pic that includes your gorgeous one in a big comfy chair.. you remember how nosey I am! Is that a speaker on the left? Infuriatingly I cant tell, or think what else it could be!

Sue - said...

Another lovely card Kathy, I'm looking forward to making some more springlike cards, but intend to carry on with Christmas as well!

Kathyk said...

Actually, it's an OTT light!

Kathyk

Annie said...

Thanks for calling over at mine and for your lovely comment. Happy New Year and here's hoping we can all enjoy many more weeks of fun and friendship linking up on the best day of the week.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, I do like those Christmas cards - the simple and elegant style does it for me every time! Thanks for visiting me already, I'm glad you had a great Christmas - thank you for the support on my blog, it's much appreciated!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2017!!
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

Pat said...

I love your snowflakes Kathy and great that you are still making Christmas cards to add to next year's total. I treated myself to a Misti as a sort of Christmas pressie and I have decided when I make any Christmas cards I will make two or three the same to build up a supply for next year. Whether I stick to this is debatable but I will try as I was making right up to the wire this year. x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Looks like you're ahead of the game for next year's Christmas! You're right - ride the wave while it lasts - otherwise you might have to start on the 2017 cards in July! Happy New Year and thanks for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #15

Sharon Koole said...

Very pretty card. I'm all done with Christmas now - stamps and papers put away. Glad you had a good time. Happy New Year to you!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #19

Christine said...

Well done for creating a few more cards. I have 'tidied' all my Christmas stash away .... Let's hope it will all come out again before next Christmas!!
Have a happy WOYWW, my 'boys' are napping so I have managed to get on the laptop to wish you a happy New year.
Christine #10

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Enjoyed your fun post. Love your Christmas card/envelope design. Thanks for your visit. Happy New Year and Enjoy the Merriment.

serendipity said...

Super card Kathy, but at this rate you will have no need of an emergency batch make next November. I, on the other hand ...

StampinCarol said...

Great Christmas cards! I took a week off and now must get it in gear. Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Carol N #16

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for the visit to mine. I always mean to carry on making Christmas cards for the following year but it never seems to happen yet it's at this time of the year when we feel in the mood to make them so I can see why you are still at it. Have a great woyww, Angela x 6

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, lovely cards with coordinating insides and envelopes. I'm taking a mini break from Christmas cards until next week. Your desk looks busy. Here's wishing you and yours a Good New Year and all the best for 2017. Hugs, Elizabeth x #27

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, Nice Christmas cards.

Your desk looks ready for more projects.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Artatag said...

Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing all this loveliness! I am a bit late and happy to see all these familiar names.

Happy WOYWW and New Year

Gabriele 29

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CWWC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Christmas card. Pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this Christmas season. Happy New Year. Judy DT

Theresa Pace said...

lovely CAS card. very effective. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Gina said...

Adore your C&S card style...and yet so much work has gone in to creating it. Beautiful! Thank you for joining in at Dream valley Challenges XXX