Saturday, 3 December 2016

Welcome to Saturday morning and the LIM challenge

Morning all,

I know, I know .. you're not used to me posting at this time on a Saturday .. I usually like to enter the challenge posted at 08:00 over at Simply Less Is More so have to wait until I've made something - NOT today though as I'm delighted to have been asked to be a Guest Design Team Member for today's challenge, thanks ladies, really appreciate the opportunity


Please display our banner
This week's challenge is a colour challenge and it is ...... to use one (or more) PRIMARY COLOURS. Well, I DO like bright colours so I decided to use all three .... check it out


My card

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope

The inside of my card


 

The yellow layer, then with the blue added

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • Two pieces of red card cut to mat at a 1.6mm border
  • One piece of blue card cut to mat at a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of card in both white and red, for my image panel and matting layer (again, using a 1.6mm border)
  • Using my MISTI I positioned my Kaisercraft images (mini triangles, crackle and mini grid) before stamping using Memento dandelion and Bahama Blue inks along with Adirondack watermelon
  • I also used my new MISTI to position the Paper Bag "scratched chevron" and Stamplorations sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink




I'll also be entering this for the following challenges:

  1. Aud sentiments - challenge No. 169 - ANYTHING GOES WITH A SENTIMENT
  2. Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. 356 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  3. Crafty Galz Corner - challenge No. 100 - ANYTHING GOES






14 comments:

Neets B said...

Lovely to have you with us this week, Kathy! And what a fab card. You have a real talent for combining multiple stamps and for finishing off your designs inside and with a matching envelope. Those overstamped colours look great together xx

Esther said...

I absolutely love this, Kathy! So bright, vibrant and really contemporary in feel. As always you've matched the inside and envelope perfectly for a very personalised and special affect. Thanks so much for joining us as a guest DT! :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

It's great to have you guest designing with us this week Kathy and I love your vibrant colour combo and awesome combination of stamps. You own some brilliant stash and always add such lovely detail to the the insides and envelope too. Have a good week and hope you get lots of visits! X

Sharon said...

Fabulous card and envelopes Kathy. You have maneged to convey such a sense of movement with your choice of stamps. Fab to see you using all three colours too. It's so lovely to have you as our guest designer this week. xx

Sarah Gray said...

I love the way that you have layered those stamps, Kathy - so effective and it gives a great textured look! Fab use of our primary colours and the bold black sentiment and arrows really pop. Thank you so much for inspiring us with your guest design this week :)

SARN said...

SUPER looking grungy LIM card. Brilliant xxx

Darnell said...

Love your modern and hip birthday card, Kathy! Congratulations on the huge honor of guest designing at LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

Beverley said...

LOVE your stamp layering and fab use of Primary colours. This is a perfect masculine card too. Congrats on your GD spot. Hugs Bev x

Billie A said...

cute fun birthday card and envelope. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination

Clare Lloyd said...

Super card

Susan said...

Thanks for joining us as guest designer...terrific card and love that matching envelop!

Linby said...

Congrats on being a GDT at LIM - love this grunge card.

Joyce said...

Congrats on your GD spot at LIM. Lovely bright and colorful card.

Elle Kay said...

Great card, love the mix of patterns. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!