Monday, 5 December 2016

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning and welcome to the start of another week

Good weekend? I certainly did ....my cousin came to stay but. more of that later ..

If you checked out my blog yesterday then you will have seen that I posted a photo of the latest batch of ATC swap materials from my trading card buddy ..... this is how it turned out

My completed ATC

A bit more detail and you can see the dimensional gloss better in this one
Can't remember what I received? It was a stamped image of Tweedledee and Tweedledum

I found the image quite indistinct although I don't think that was anything
to do with the quality of stamping by my trading buddy 

Additional materials:
  • ATC blank (kraft) which I "swiped" with Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Three mini playing cards also "swiped" with the watering can ink before adhering to the ATC blank
  • Alcohol markers and glitter markers to colour the image
  • Plaid dimensional gloss on the bottles 
  • Faber Castell pit pen and Sakura white gelly roll gel pen to doodle a border around the ATC

I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. The Pencil Case - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING (Hand Coloured) GOES
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 227 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Colour Crazy Craft - challenge No. 27 - ANYTHING (Hand Coloured) GOES
  4. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 121 - ANYTHING GOES
And now, since it's day TWO of Kylie's "TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" blog hop ... and a One Layer Card at that!!


My card

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope

The inside of my card
Materials used:
  1. White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  2. Crafty Individuals scent and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment (inside only) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the MISTI - thank heavens because I really struggled to get a decent impression of this image
  3. Stardust stickles to give a bit of twinkle on the stars in the night sky



I'll be entering it for the following challenges:
  1. Kylie is Addicted to Stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS blog hop - DAY TWO
  2. CAS on Sunday - challenge No. 97 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Come and Get It - December challenge - CHRISTMAS
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 137 - CHRISTMAS

At the weekend I was joined by my cousin and a pal and we enjoyed a slap up Christmas meal at a reasonably local hostelry ... see the wall decor behind us? Edging tiles, presumably leftovers - quite effective though.

This was taken by my friend and neighbour who not only happened to be eating
at the same hostelry but coincidentally found herself seated at the next table!!! 

Have a great week


12 comments:

SARN said...

I see you've been out and about gallivanting and enjoying yourself again!

Great job on the limited ATC materials.

Loving the OLC too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kylie said...

Woman! You have a knack for running into people at the most opportune times lol.
I love your ATC! Your card has me gushing.... LURVE it to bits. Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Pat said...

I love your Tweedledum and Tweedledee ATC Kathy and the Crafty Individuals stamp in black works beautifully as there is so much detail and it makes a really elegant card. You obviously had a great weekend and how fortuitous to run into your neighbour to take this lovely photo of the three of you. x

Scrappin Sue said...

So fun
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Debs M said...

Great makes and well done on the ATC materials! X

Susan said...

Love how you inked up the envelops to match your card. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Marlies said...

A lovely Christmas Creation Kathy. Very elegant! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Helen Haines said...

Great cards Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Helen Haines said...

Love the two twins fab. Thank you for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge. Helen DT

Alma said...

Wow this is a wonderful christmas creation. I love this black and white style. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps, Alma

Julie B said...

Love that stamp Kathy. Are you coming to the retreat this year?

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely creation. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Come And Get It Challenges. Good luck in a draw.
Hugs, Iwona