Monday, 12 December 2016

Welcome to the start of another week ....

Morning,

I was inspired to CASe a Christmas card sent by a friend and a photograph of which will be at the end of this post. In it she had made a beautifully CAS and monochrome card with JUST the perfect touch of colour. Given that I wanted to take inspiration from, rather than copy, I tried to make mine "the same but different", and I hope you think it works - I do, so I made a batch, albeit only a small batch, of two! Reckon it's the perfect idea for a batch  make ..... hmm

My card using Ranger Archival watering can

My card using Memento grey flannel

Inside of my card - top line features watering can ink, bottom the grey flanne

Front and back of cards and reverse of envelope
Top line features the watering can ink and bottom the grey flannel

Materials used:
  • 2 x 10cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelopes
  • 4 x white card panels cut to 2 x 9cm and 2 x 9½cm square
  • 2 x red card panels cut to 9½cm square
  • Penny Black 2801k Brushed ornament stamped using Memento grey flannel and Ranger Archival watering can inks
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pen used to add red to the berries
  • Stardust stickles to highlight




Still trying to decide which I like best .... for depth of colour I think the watering can ink works best, particularly when second image stamping the insert but I think I prefer the sentiment placement of the grey flannel make ... either way, I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Kylie is addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS challenge - DAY 9
  2. AAA Cards - challenge No. 79 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Come and get it - December 4th challenge - CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 134 - IT'S CHRISTMAS

 


And, if you've persevered to the end of this post it has to be because of your curiosity to see the card I CASe'd ... from the lovely SARN - check out her blog here




Have a great week



11 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy,

Liilan

SARN said...

Ha ha ha . . . I did persevere to the end of the post and got quite a surprise!!!!! LOL! Thank you for the shout out and I'm pleased you liked the card I sent enough to 'CASE' it!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

OMG - I'm SUCH an air-head sometimes . . . was so surprised at the end of the post that I forgot to say just how much I LOVE your 2 CASEd cards. I can't decide between them!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

serendipity said...

Hi Kathy, fab cards, I love that stamp and the colours look great together (tho difference between the greys not clear on my screen). Super card from Sarn too.

Pat said...

I love the bauble you have used here Kathy and great inspiration from Sarn's really pretty card and the monochrome with the added red on the berries is beautiful. All the different versions are great. x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a great image, and I love the gray and red together. Very cool nad Christmassy. Thanks for linking up and playing our Christmas Challenge at AAA Cards.

Aileen Ryan said...

Again a couple of beautiful cards and love that you do envelopes to go with them.

Kylie said...

Stamping in grey is genius for this image, Kathy. I ALWAYS reach for black ink. I never think outside the box! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Patti Krauss said...

Lovely card, Kathy. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Ksenija said...

Great elegant set of cards! Just soft grey and a touch of red - love your colour scheme. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace and joy. - Sweet Kobylkin

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Wonderful card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Come And Get It Challenges. Good luck in a draw.
Hugs, Iwona