Saturday, 10 December 2016

Welcome to the weekend!

Hi there,

Christmas is getting closer every day and here I am, STILL making Christmas cards - those I don't use for this year will start my quota for 2017 - how's THAT for being organised?!?!?!

My card

The inside of my card and front of my envelope

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • One piece of red card cut to 9½cm square, for matting
  • Snippets of card in white, blue and red
  • On the snippet of blue card I took the Petaluma snowflakes and stamped them using Delicata silver ink
  • Polka dot satin ribbon
  • My Favorite things Santa image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink before die cutting with co-ordinating die set
  • Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft gel markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to bling up Santa's beard and hat
  • Personal Impressions sentiment (outside) and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment (inside) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Kylie is addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS blog hop - DAY 7
  2. Creative Corner - December 9th challenge - Team Mel - CHRISTMAS TIME
  3. Aloha challenges - challenge No. 86 - CHRISTMAS
  4. DiesRUs - challenge No. 62 - CHRISTMAS (MUST use dies)


And another one here ... decided to make a get well card as I've felt so blimmin' poorly this week .. with the Norovirus - there was me thinking I was all unique and I discover that pretty much everybody seems to be suffering! GET WELL SOON peeps!


My card

A closer view to show the more watercolour effect with the glitter pens

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my OLC and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Penny Black "Constellations" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pens used to colour, using a water brush to blend and make more "watercolour"





I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 306 - ONE LAYER CARD WEEK ... "OUTLINES"
  2. That's Crafty - December 9th challenge - FLOWER power
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 228 - ANYTHING GOES


Have a great weekend


14 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes - hope you are feeling better today x

Kylie said...

That Santa is just adorable. I am loving seeing all your creations! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Pat said...

Wow Kathy, you are on a roll with your Christmas cards with this cute Santa and love your get well card too. Sorry you have been under the weather all week but hope you are picking up now. x

Darlene said...

OMG Kathy ... Santa is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Clare Lloyd said...

Super cards kathy

SARN said...

I really do love that dancing Santa. Great festive card mate.

Love your pretty get well card too. Just what the doctor ordered to cheer someone up when they feel lousy.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jen Nelson said...

Hi Kathy... that dancing santa is fabulous but the stamp chosen for your LIM card is perfect for the challenge
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week
Jen xxxx

Erica said...

I love it...the Table of Craftiness. Thanks for your comment on my card Kathy, and for also letting me know that Magenta is still around. I just assumed with all the new kids on the block (pun intended hee hee), etc., etc. I shall be visiting soon.

Aileen Ryan said...

Kathy love both your cards, that Santa looks so cool your colouring brilliant and all the extra images back and envelope so cute. Your flower card is so pretty, love that image and just those drops of colour perfect.

Bea said...

Great cards - really like the dandelion one. :)

Esther said...

Lovely makes, Kathy! You do the most gorgeous, fun cards :) The flowers for your LIM outlines card are lovely, such a sketchy and artistic feel to them and warm colours. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Kathy Krug said...

Such a happy Santa. He made me smile. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Anything Goes Christmas Challenge. We hope to see more of your creations in future challenges.
Kathy DRU DT A

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Lovely cards Kathy! Thank you for playing in our Christmas challenge at Dies R Us! We hope to see you in the next challenge too! Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Jo-DT
♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Gerrina said...

What a great santa! He made me smile! And your LIM card is so beautiful; love how you made the flowers! Hope you have some fun and happy things planned this week1 Hugs, Gerrina