Hope your run up to Christmas is coming along well, hubby and I have been out several times of late, enjoying festive fare with friends - I LOVE this time of year - even if my clothes don't! Just yesterday I was at a festive lunch with a pal .. should have been with both of my two oldest friends whoI've known them since before I started school - yes, THAT LONG! Sadly, the dad of one of them was taken in to hospital so then there were two - we caught up like there were three of us though. We went to the preposterously named Willy Wicket!!! I have no idea why it's called that but ... we had a lovely time and the grub was good too! We've reached a point in our lives when there isn't much we actually want or need so decided against exchanging full sized presents (IYKWIM) so a Secret Santa to a pre agreed (small) cost was decided upon instead - perfect. I took one gift, wrapped, and two cards and came home with a different gift and card! Fair exchange!
I recently acquired a simply splendid set of stamps from Habico, containing the fabulous vintage Santa which I had my eye on for yonks ... also in the set was a religious image. I got caught out a short while ago by being asked to make some religious themed cards by two sisters ... couldn't present them both with batches of the same cards so .. I figured this image might come in handy in future. So, suffice it to say that, whilst I don't need any more cards for 2016, I will be putting this one toward my quota for 2017!
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- White C6/A2, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 10 x 14.2cm and 9½ x 13.7cm
- Gold card for matting with a 1.6mm border
- Habico image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ... I deployed my MISTI to ensure a good dense image of the camels, by stamping several times - it is SO HANDY for that
- Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to colour
- Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-