Tuesday, 31 January 2017

A post from me .. on a Tuesday!

Morning all,

If you have been stopping by lately you will have realised that Mr Mojo and I aren't really friends right now ... can't remember trashing so many pieces in an absolute age ..... I found myself trawling facebook in the hope of bump starting my mojo. This proved quite successful although it is with regret that I own up that I've been unable to find the card I CASe'd again, in order that I might provide a link. Should you be one of my followers and recognise your inspiration then please leave me a comment and I will be more than happy to amend my post with a link to your FB page or blog. Anyhoo, all this was by way of an explanation of why you are seeing a post from me on a day I don't normally post. I'm not sure whether this is indicative that Mr Mojo and I are once more friends but ... I'm cautiously optimistic.


My card
And a closer view in order that you might see two of the three tiny gemstones!
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of orange card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Using a TCW splatter stencil and two Tim Holtz mini blenders with foam pads I applied Distress Inks in picked raspberry and carved pumpkin
  • 49 and market splatter image stamped using Delicata gold - to add a little sheen
  • Three faux crystal gemstones to bling it up a bit
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and Memento rosebud ink
  • My image panel was attached to the card base unsing three strips of dimensional foam tape rather than my usual matting HOWEVER I did use a matting layer inside my card - I just wanted to mix it up!!!
  • For the envelope reverse of the card and insert I opted for Kaisercraft splatter and Memento inks in rosebud and tangelo


I'll be entering this project for the following challenges:-
  1. Paper Artsy - 2017 challenge/topic No. 1 - PINK AND ORANGE
  2. Country View Challenges - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 145 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Artistic Inspirations - challenge No. 171 - ANYTHING GOES



11 comments:

SARN said...

Well, as u know, I'm a big fan of splats and CAS cards, so this is right up my street as you've managed to deliver on both fronts. Love it.xxx

lilian said...

Lovely card Mate, Love the colours of the splats,

Lilian

Hazel Agnew said...

Cautiously optimistic sounds good and your card looks good! Great design.

Pat said...

I love your prettily coloured splats and the added touches of gold and little gems are just perfect Kathy. Sorry your mojo was missing for a bit but this proves it's back, in truth from the viewer's perspective I don't think it actually went away in the first place. x

scrappymo! said...

This is a very fun card. Nice bright colours too.

Jane said...

A lovely bright card. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Country View x Jane DT

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love your splatters!

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on making such a splendid card, loving the colours you've used and I always say you can never have too many splats !

Know what you mean about missing Mojo , I've been there for some time now and quite fed up 😏 Have been finding solace in some crochet and knitting, but that's just not really hitting the spot I'm afraid. I do have some yummy new stash, just short of ideas of what to do with it.

Hoping mr mojo is well and truly back in the Purple Palace now.

Luv
Wxx

Corrie Herriman said...

That's a great design ! x

Sarah Dunkley said...

I love the look of CAS cards but I'm too messy to make them! 😁

Catie Cuddles said...

Fab CAS card... with the perfect amount of arty fun!
Catherine x