Friday, 27 January 2017

As the weekend starts ......

Morning all,

Given that the weekend starts today, I hope you all have something nice to look forward to.

Been crafting my little socks off, in a mixed media kind of way but, sadly, can't share this with you today as it's for a special project.

However, I DO have a little something I CAN share with you ..


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of navy card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Penny Black image stamped using Versamark ink and sprinkled with silver dazzle embossing powder before heat setting. For the inside and envelope I used Delicata silver ink instead of heat embossing
  • See D's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • For the insert I stamped the PSX sentiment using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Scraps of Life - RUDOLPH DAY - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - RUDOLPH DAY - BAUBLES
  3. ABC of Christmas - January challenge - A & B ARE FOR .. Anything goes and B is for .. in my case BAUBLES!
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

Have a great weekend


12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful card, kathy. I love the embossed silver...it looks stunning.

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

SARN said...

A wonderful Rudolph Day card. Love the embossed image.

(No) Hugs from a Snotty Scotty! xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what a very wonderful card and such a great stamp used.
Love the way you also do your insides and envelopes to match.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

lilian said...

That's a lovely card Kathy,

Lilian

Pat said...

These silver embossed baubles look beautiful Kathy and have made this a really elegant card. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend. x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here Kathy, love it ;) Viv xx

Lisa S. said...

Love your elegant card and the matching envelope is a wonderful touch! Thanks for sharing it with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Hugs, Lisa

Sue said...

Beautiful embossing, love the shine! Gorgeous card.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card, I love the silver embossing it gives a lovely finish.

Sue xx

Joan said...

Love the silver embossing and your matching envelope

Joan

MaryH said...

Delicata Silver (and the gold) are beautiful inks that never disappoint. Love how the image sparkles, and the EP you've used looks great with the silver ink too. (it's a new EP to me). I like the gleam of this image, and the slender simple silver frame allows it to shine wonderfully well. TFS & Hugs

chrissy xx said...

Such GOrgeous baubles! I LOve that you've done the envelopes as well. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge
Chrissyxx