Sunday, 1 January 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Morning all,

Hope there aren't too many thick heads from last night's celebrations! I hope that 2017 will be great for everyone.



I don't "DO" New Year Resolutions but, if I did, I'd probably be planning to lose weight, take more exercise and drink less - NOW you know why I don't make them in the first place!!!!

For those of you who've popped by my blog this morning, THANK YOU. I have some crafting to share with you, not a lot mind you but ..... I thought this wrapping paper was totally LUSH and decided to upcycle it! Little did I realise how tricky it was going to prove. I have three tag shaped dies and several sizes of each ... NONE of them fitted! The placement of the wording on the wrapping paper was just in the wrong place for them all. I tried a board tag that I had and which was quite narrow. As you can see, the reindeer looks a little TOO trimmed! I finally went with a circular tag which seemed to work - mind you, now it's done .. you should have seen the glitter haze it generated!!! Luckily, we have a new vacuum and it proved more than up to the task of glitter eradication! Of course, I'm pretty lucky, the people who BOUGHT the paper in the first place must have had an absolute NIGHTMARE and I'm given to understand that Tesco (who sold it) have been inundated with complaints about it too!

My snippets tags - mark I
The reverse of my tag

And another little batch - mark II

And the lovely gift wrap I upcycled!
Materials used:
  • Glittery wrapping paper which I stuck to 200gsm white card and also to a stampboard tag using acid free silicon glue
  • Once the glue was dry I die cut circles and then used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in one and used my craft knife to cut around the thicker tag, filing off any rough edges using a coarse nail file
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to the reverse of the tags using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Finally I used a Faber Castell metallic pitt pen to edge the tags in gold (to match the reindeer!

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No.262 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 396 - SOMETHING NEW .. tags from (new) wrapping paper
  3. CraftyHazelnutsChristmasChallenge - challenge No. 314 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 184 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 74 - X is for XMAS



Wishing all my readers and followers a very




15 comments:

catherine said...

Happy new Year to both of you and all the best.
Great use of the paper and yes I had read about the glitter issue with it!
catherine

Wendy L said...

They look wonderful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx
Your resolutions are the same as mine, !!!!!

Barb said...

Your tags looks fabulous Kathy. Those little guys are so cute. I love recycling too.

Wishing a Happy New Year to you and your hubby. Barbxx

SARN said...

. .. and a VERY Happy New Year to you too.

Love your recycled tags - even if they did create a glitter haze in the household. (Shudders uncontrollably at the thought of glitter everywhere!)

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

The tags are great. Love the idea of using paper like that,

I have paper like that where the glitter all comes off. As you say a nightmare.

lilian

Di said...

Great tags Kathy in the end! I have some very fancy tissue paper that has teeny sequins and glitter on - nightmare! Thankfully I used the last of it this year :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

These are very pretty Kathy but know what you mean about the glitter. There was one particular card we received this year which sent glitter everywhere just taking it out of the envelope..lol. Hope you are feeling better now. x

Lindsey said...

And that's why I don't make resolutions either. :D Very cute tags! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic tags and a great way to use some very pretty wrapping paper too.

Sue xx

Debs M said...

Great makes, we had that paper too but my sis had one THAT SHED MORE if you can believe it!!!!
Happy New Year

x

Jean said...

I love your cute little tags, I had a couple of very glittery shop bought cards that I wanted to recycle and they shed more glitter than enough as well.
Jean x

LesleyG said...

I'm with you on the resolutions, and I too suffered the glitter Avalanche from my sister, so mine went in the bin, you did well to persevere and make tags. Happy new year xxx

Helene E said...

Stunning tags. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week!

Sue - said...

Great upcycling Kathy! I made the mistake of buying wrapping paper that had red glitter on it from WHSmith, then wrapped all the presents on the dining room table which has a wipeable cloth on it😳 I'm still wiping red glitter off it!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 314 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x