For those of you who've popped by my blog this morning, THANK YOU. I have some crafting to share with you, not a lot mind you but ..... I thought this wrapping paper was totally LUSH and decided to upcycle it! Little did I realise how tricky it was going to prove. I have three tag shaped dies and several sizes of each ... NONE of them fitted! The placement of the wording on the wrapping paper was just in the wrong place for them all. I tried a board tag that I had and which was quite narrow. As you can see, the reindeer looks a little TOO trimmed! I finally went with a circular tag which seemed to work - mind you, now it's done .. you should have seen the glitter haze it generated!!! Luckily, we have a new vacuum and it proved more than up to the task of glitter eradication! Of course, I'm pretty lucky, the people who BOUGHT the paper in the first place must have had an absolute NIGHTMARE and I'm given to understand that Tesco (who sold it) have been inundated with complaints about it too!
|My snippets tags - mark I|
|And another little batch - mark II|
|And the lovely gift wrap I upcycled!|
- Glittery wrapping paper which I stuck to 200gsm white card and also to a stampboard tag using acid free silicon glue
- Once the glue was dry I die cut circles and then used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in one and used my craft knife to cut around the thicker tag, filing off any rough edges using a coarse nail file
- Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to the reverse of the tags using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Finally I used a Faber Castell metallic pitt pen to edge the tags in gold (to match the reindeer!
- Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No.262 - USE SNIPPETS
- Allsorts - challenge No. 396 - SOMETHING NEW .. tags from (new) wrapping paper
- CraftyHazelnutsChristmasChallenge - challenge No. 314 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 184 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 74 - X is for XMAS