Saturday, 21 January 2017

It's Saturday and that can only mean a challenge post, right?!?!??!

Hi there,

How's your weekend coming along? Well, I hope. First weekend in ages I've felt tip top and plan on making the most of it. Got two funerals to attend next week so need to be as relaxed as possible beforehand. I don't know about you but I find them tremendously stressful. One is a family member and the other a parent of a dear friend. Always so sad.

Anyway, on to brighter topics .... I've had the wonderful and quirky Katzelkraft set "Les Jungles" for a couple of weeks  now and had previously only inked the elephant and zen monkey so, decided it was time to get some of the NBUS (in the form of the other images) inky .. I SOOO could NOT resist this giraffe!


My card
And a closer view on my image - doesn't the water spray look a little like clouds?
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my card
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of card in: white, bronze and black for image panel and matting
  • Katzelkraft "Les Jungles" giraffe image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink, including on to a post it which I fussy cut out to use for masking
  • Crayola coloured pencils: sand, harvest gold, light brown and brown and blended with sansodor - whilst it says low odour .... if you working up close you might want to crack a window open!
  • Once the image was coloured I positioned my mask before blending Distress Ink in twisted citron over the remainder of the white panel.
  • I flicked water over the twisted citron panel, allowing to develop for a few moments before mopping with paper towel
  • Whilst mask in place I sprayed Crafters Companion spray and shine, to protect the Distress Ink in transit!
  • Using a Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen I doodled some grass to "ground"my image and then matted on to bronze and then black card, cutting to a 1.6mm border on both layers
  • I used narrow lime satin ribbon to tie around my white card panel and tie in an off centre knot to accommodate the image panel
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 177 - FINISH THE INSIDE
  2. Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 130 - USE AN ANIMAL IMAGE
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 227 - ANYTHING GOES or ONE FOR THE KIDS
  4. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 334 - MUST USE RIBBON
  5. DJKardKreations - BlogBirthaversary NBUS challenge #8 - NBUS (Never Before Used "Schtuff" .... in this case the fab giraffe stamp

And now, for another challenge make ..


My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, car and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels, cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of white card, black card and a very odd piece of stripey paper (Bo Bunny I THINK)
  • Stampers Anonymous image (with dog masked off) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink on to a white card snippet and coloured using alcohol markers
  • Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen to scribble a little "grounding"
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento inks: rhubarb stalk, rosebud, pear tart and bamboo
  • Clearly Wordsworth "new job" and Stampers Anonymous "congratulations" stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous border stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones added - to bling it up!




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 312 - NEW BEGINNINGS
  2. Colour Crazy challenge - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No, 123 - ANYTHING GOES


21 comments:

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, Love the giraffe

Lilian

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy and adore your fun and prettily coloured giraffe, and then the SA very stylish lady, and the striped paper matted in the background goes perfectly. x

Esther said...

Wow, Kathy, I'm loving your bright and cheerful cards! The giraffe is so cute and the panel looks great with the splattered effect. The new job card is ever so stylish with the chic lady and background papers. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Viv's Visuals said...

Two fab cards Kathy!

SARN said...

The fun giraffe card is brilliant, with great colouring & background inking.

Also love the sassy model card . ... Good idea to mask off the dog xxc

AlisonC said...

What a wonderful giraffe image and such a bewildered look on it's face! Great layout and so beautifully finished off.

crafty said...

Love the giraffe card,beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very nice! Love the giraffe especially. Lx

Sharon said...

These are fab Kathy! That giraffe is super cool and made me smile - kinda reminds me of the Madagascar films. Your new job card is gorgeous. Love the elegant lines of that chic lady image with the s[latters in the background and the striped paper really adds and ooomph of colour. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Debs M said...

great makes, love the giraffe x

Darnell said...

These are both fantastic designs, Kathy, and I love the stamps you've used!! And, yes, your water splats totally look like clouds on that fun giraffe card! What a great image to use on a card for someone having a rough go of it! (You enabler, you!) Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Sherri said...

One of the cutest giraffe images I've seen! Great design & perfect for anyone on their birthday! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Julie B said...

Fab designs Kathy, love the way you've matched the envelope to your card. :)

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Use an Animal Image' Challenge #130!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Tamie said...

Simply beautiful creations on both of your cards. I absolutely love how you finished the inside of your of your card. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us at Creative Knockouts.

Tamie DT

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, your decorated envelopes are brilliant.
Pauline
x

Skye said...

Two great cards. The giraffe image is such fun. The second card, new job, is very stylish. Both great designs.

serendipity said...

Love the giraffe, have been meaning to get mine inky for weeks, this is a super take on it. Great congratulations card too.

Susan Sudbury said...

These are awesome cards! I especially like the giraffe one 😊 The background really makes him stand out! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers 😊
Susan - DT

Sue - said...

Two great cards - love that fun giraffe!

Scrappy Scatty said...

Such a lovely project ~ thank you so much for playing along with us at Colouring Crazy Challenge Blog - Hope to see you again soon xx