Saturday, 7 January 2017

It's the weekend!

Hi there peeps,

Had a good week? Hubby and I have been fighting off germs - and failing! We've had rubbish days and worse nights, waking feeling truly dreadful some mornings. This winters brand of germs seems particularly virulent! I hope you all manage to avoid these germs. If you've swung by hoping to catch a glimpse of my make for the Simply Less Is More challenge (my Saturday "Go To" challenge) then you are out of luck - I feel so dreadful this morning that I simply can't face heading to the ToC (Table of Craftiness) to make anything ... so, all I have to share is a little something I made last night and which kind of sums up how I feel this morning too!!!!

Who doesn't love new stash?!???! Yesterday, I accepted a delivery of new stash and could hardly wait to get these fab images inky .... guess even my missing mojo couldn't resist this set!


My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope

The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 x 13.8cm and 9½ x 14.3cm
  • One piece of red card cut to 9½ x 14.3cm
  • Katzelkraft Les Jungles image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • On a snippet of white card I stamped part of a Santa image using Memento tuxedo black ink before cutting out just the Santa hat
  • Alcohol markers used to colour the image and hat
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight



A Clean And Simple, Christmasy card and slightly comic too - IMHO! Perfect addition to my 2017 quota!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. CAS-ual Fridays - challenge No. 164 - CELEBRATIONS
  2. Colour Crazy challenge - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Cards und More - challenge No. 174 - PARTY ANIMALS .. OK so there's only one animal but - must have been one heck of a party!!!
  4. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 232 - ANYTHING GOES


Many of you will know that I swap ATC materials with a pal from the Isle of Skye, got my latest batch yesterday ...... As always, I welcome your suggestions


Incoming materials, a stamped sentiment and a joined up line of gemstones
Check back tomorrow to see what I turned those materials in to ..

Some of you may also wonder what some of the ATC's my swap buddy makes with the materials she sends me duplicates of ...


 
On the left was my take on the materials (a stamped image of tweedledee and tweedledum) 
and on the right was Pam's original ATC


Have a great weekend

12 comments:

lilian said...

Loving the image mate and the card.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so dreadful. i hope you get better soon.

Lilian

Pat said...

I love your cute elephant Kathy, a really fun card, but sorry to hear this flu type virus is still hanging about and hope you soon shake it off. x

SARN said...

Oh poor poorly girl. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

LOVE the elephant card. Very humorous xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

This made me laugh out loud Kath!
I'm feeling for you in all your grotty splendour - it's taking weeks to get rid of the nasty virus - and I'm still coughing.....
get well soon. x

Debs M said...

oh no sorry to hear you are both feeling pants! get well soon! x

Debs M said...

ps love the card x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh dear Kathy so sorry you and hubby have been so unwell with your winter bugs.. do hope and oraypure soon on the up and up, very very cute card, love it ❤.. we do feel that way sometimes. 😑
Thanks for sharing your inspiration,😄
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sara Oliver said...

Isn't that elephant just hilarious! Love it! And thanks for joining us at Cards Und More!

Anja said...

That elephant looks so cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja

Claire said...

Wow what a fun design Kathy, love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Colour crazy Challenge
Claire xx

Beate Rauer said...

great card! I love the elephant! Thanks for joining us at cards und more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

scrapgrit said...

A very nice card. thank you for your participation on cards and more. Margrit