Sunday, 15 January 2017

Morning and welcome to a chilly Sunday

Morning,

What about the snow? We only had a light dusting on Friday morning but it concealed ice beneath and made the commute rather tricky for many around here. The main commuter route from here to the motorway was, apparently, untreated - sounds like "someone" was caught unawares ....... we USED to have this problem a number of years ago when the council didn't treat our road because it wasn't a bus route, then there were a number of nasty accidents and the road itself got busier so they started treating ... then they closed it for almost a year and, sounds like, they've forgotten to add us again. One of my neighbours says she's never seen it look so harmless and yet be so treacherous, thankfully, she's a careful driver and made it in to work unscathed!

Anyhoo, scotched our plans to hit IKEA to check out the Raskog carts ... we felt we really didn't need to go QUITE that much, there are enough idiots on the road at the best of times without adding snow and ice in to the mix. If you still have either where you are then do take care out there.

So, what did I do with my snow day? Well, I spent FAR too much time on the computer for one thing but hey, I'm retired so .... and for another, I hit the Table of  Craftiness (ToC). I recently realised that I was a bit short of anniversary cards so my last few makes have all been filling that gap - guess I'm not so short anymore!

My card

And a closer view, to show the sparkle of the embossing paste


The inside of my card and front of my envelope

The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • White and metallic bronze card cut to 14.3 x 9.5cm
  • Snippet of white and chocolate brown card for my image panel and matting
  • Stamplorations stencil and Glitzcraft glitter frosting used on the image panel and set aside to dry
  • sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Hero Arts scribble heart stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Stamplorations - never ending challenge - ANYTHING GOES .. using Stamplorations products as the main product used
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 233 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 176 - CELEBRATIONS
  4. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No. 8 - TEXTURE
  5. CAS-ual Friday - challenge No. 165 - EVERYTHING TURNS TO GOLD

Have a great Sunday.


5 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love the heart.

Lilian

SARN said...

Lovely schparkly anniversary card.

Glad you sensibly stayed home in the warmth and didn't risk it for a mooch around Ikea.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love the gold sparkly texture paste hearts Kathy which have made this a beautiful anniversary card, and another one for the stash. Luckily we seem to gave escaped the snow here. x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Created Chaos, good luck!!! Amy DT

Dori Shelton said...

Very lovely. I love all the gold hearts. Thank you for joining us for Perfectly Created Chaos texture challenge.