Sunday, 8 January 2017

Morning and welcome to a lazy Sunday in January

Morning all,

How's your weekend coming along?

If you visited my blog yesterday then you may recall I posted the latest batch of materials I received from my trading card swap buddy and you may well have stopped by to see what I turned them in to .... well, I cannot tell a lie, I didn't care for the colour of the paper the sentiment was stamped on to so I set about changing that with an alcohol marker. HORROR of horrors, the ink started to smear, cue change of plans here .....

My ATC

And a closer view to show the sheen of the Delicata ink
ADDITIONAL Materials used:
  • Katzelkraft "Les Jungles" monkey image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink, on to a snippet of white card slightly larger than ATC size
  • Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft glitter and opaque markers used to colour image and background, I also used the glitter markers to go over the sentiment which had started to run as I attempted to change the colour of the background paper .. leading me to cut out the sentiment!
  • Paper Artsy splat images stamped using Memento sweet plum and Delicata golden glitz inks
  • Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen used to doodle a border around the sentiment and the outer edge of the ATC


Can't remember what I received? Well it was a piece of yellow paper with the sentiment stamped on and a row of connected "faux" gemstones.

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Catch the bug challenges - January 7th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Fun Day Friday challenge - challenge No. 170 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  3. My time to craft - 31st December challenge - SOMETHING NEW (Katzelkraft stamps)
  4. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 263 - USE SNIPPETS

It was foggy and miserable this week and my mojo has, mostly, been cowering in a corner .... but I think I used the indoor time wisely by practising my pencil colouring - not sure I'm winning .... yet!


Using Crayola coloured pencils
This was coloured using pound shop coloured pencils

I think the crayolas layer better and build a better colour .. but I could just be fooling myself! Still need LOTS of practise!


12 comments:

lilian said...

great ATC mate,

The colouring is coming is along ok really, i am not one to like using pencils but its looking good honest

Lilian

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

The colouring is coming along great, I love using pencils to colour with and the soft effect you get with them Two great cards, I love the quirky image on the top card.

Sue xx

Pat said...

A great ATC you made Kathy, and I think the colouring is coming along really well too. x

mg bio said...

Just adorable! Thank you for participating in Jo’s Fun Friday Challenge
:) Michelle – DT
http://www.MajesticMemoriess.biz/wp

SARN said...

You did a great job on the ATC with the challenging materials provided!

I think the Crayola colouring looks better blended than the Pound Shop image. Both look good though.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous and very quirky ATC there Kathy! And I'm with Sarn about the colouring - mind you, both are way better than I could attempt! Love that little girl image - it's 'Splashing Maggie' by Sugar Nellie! One of my very old but very much loved stamps :)

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

TEE! Love that little monkey and your purple background! :) Your coloring on that image looks fabulous!!

scrappymo! said...

Your colouring looks fab. I have decided to only colour with colouring pencils when I am at the lake. Then I can just leave them up there for the April to Sept camping season.
I used to drag my copics back and forth but that is too much work.

Do you use gamsol to blend or baby oil?

scrappymo! said...

Have not tried the baby oil...always worried it will leve an oily mark!

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful ATC. lovely coloring.
Thank you for Joining us at My Time To Craft and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena MTTC DT

Dawn Frost said...

The Monkey is hilarious I love that he's peeking! Thanks for joining anything goes at Catch the Bug good luck and hope to see you again! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Kellie 0:) said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love that background. TFS and joining us at Jo's this week