Monday, 16 January 2017

Ok, so ... it's the start of another week, right?

Morning all,

Another week, another weather warning .. what will it be? Floods, Snow, THUNDERsnow, sunshine? Can't wait!

If you checked out my posts over the weekend then you will know that I have struggled .. I  mean REALLY struggled with the seemingly simple challenge over at Simply Less Is More. The lovely ladies there have this fiendish One Layer Card week challenge and this week was it, with the added twist of "favourite beverage or drink" - not difficult I hear you cry - WRONG! I fell for that one too! First of all I went with two champagne glasses, it was all going swimmingly in totally the wrong direction and I was powerless to stop myself .... I threw all sorts of unsuitable things at this hapless card until - I finally realised it was a total DISASTER! Hmmmf, I went for plan B (which STILL used the two glasses) and made a card I'm entirely happy with but - which was so NOT a One Layer Card meaning that I couldn't enter it for this particular challenge .. it was fine, I found a bunch of others I could enter. On to my second attempt .. I have a nice Stamping Bella image of two friends seated at a table drinking coffee. It's an unmounted image which I mounted on to EZ Mount years ago and the EZ Mount has shrunk over time - even with my trusty MISTI I couldn't get all the outer edges to print evenly - grrr. Moving on, I coloured the image using my Kaisercraft gel pens - this may not sound like a mistake and, if you look at the card, you may not think it's a mistake but there was just something not right about it, and FYI that image? No longer on EZ Mount - I was astonished at the ease with which I was able to remove it. It's now back to bare rubber and I just bet I can get a better impression with it now. Anyhoo, this brings me to my third make .... the best of the bunch IMHO .. but I've been wrong before! Interested to hear your thoughts, readers.


My card, relaxing at the beach with a chilled beverage
This IS what it's all about!!!
The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • The Cats Pyjamas image stamped using Versafine onyx black (yes, I succumbed to a new pad!) ink
  • The Cats Pyjamas starfish image stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Freckled Fawn sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Crayola coloured pencils used to colour the image: sand, harvest gold, white, light blue, blue, violet, turquoise, aqua green, light brown, brown, mahogany, red, raspberry, red orange and blended with a paper stump and sansodor
  • Stardust stickles to bling it up!



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 311 - One Layer Card week - FAVOURITE DRINK OR BEVERAGE
  2. Patti's Creations - challenge No. 130 - USE AN ANIMAL IMAGE
In case you are curious .. you can see the mark I and II makes by following the link here, and I have put the second attempt below ....


I  just can't quite convince myself about this one!

16 comments:

lilian said...

I like the first card Kathy, But also the second looks good as well, Maybe tyhey look different in [real life]

Lilian

Kathyk said...

The pals drinking coffee card HAS grown on me Lilian, thanks

Kathyk

SARN said...

Absolutely LOVING the beach card! Reminds me of Di being away on holiday in Portugal currently!

The two girls chatting is also good. I think you're being harsh on yourself . . . but I see from the comment above that it's grown on you! YAY!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Personally I think they are both great images for the challenge Kathy but I think we all feel like this sometimes. I have been known to toss something in the paper basket in despair then a few hours later look at it again, decide it's not that bad after all, and take it back out...lol. x

Viv's Visuals said...

Glad the second one has grown on you 'cos it's rather nice! Great job with the curse of the shrinking EZ Mount stamp too!

Sue said...

Both cards are lovely and good for the challenge, Kathy. I think I prefer the first one best, I like the fun image.

Esther said...

I like both cards, Kathy - they're both so fun and cheerful! That said, if you don't like a card yourself, it's hard to get past that. I've put ones in the bin before that would probably have been ok... oh well! Fab imagery and colouring, and as always I'm loving your themed inners and envelopes. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Erica said...

Fiendish is the perfect word for one layer challenges. I like both cards also. But because I forgot I also have the set used in the second, it has ever so slightly edge for me. Note to self...use this stamp.

Gerrina said...

Glad you're not a quitter, ├žause the image on your last attempt is so perfect! Makes me long for summer... ave a good week!

Skye said...

I like both cards. I can really relate to the sentiment of the first one at present.

Sarah Gray said...

This is just such a fun image and exactly where I would like to be right now! Glad you kept going :) Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More!

Linby said...

Sorry you seem to have had trouble with the LIM challenge -it's meant to be fun! Love your card and what a fab image. Couldn't wait to see this first awful card but it turns out it's fine!!!

Sharon said...

Definitely worth persevering Kathy and you've created a real beauty in the end. That image is super and the sentiment is so complementary for it. Ha! I think people think of my life like that since we moved over here - if only they knew the real truth. Sorry I am so late commenting this week - it has been a stinker for taking my spare time. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Use an Animal Image' Challenge #130!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Elizabeth Hart said...

So cute - I love that dog on the beach!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pattie's Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations :)