Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Tuesday? And a post from the Purple Princess?!?!?!??

Morning all

I know you aren't used to seeing a post from me on a Tuesday but I had such a dire weekend from a card making point of view that I felt quite despondent. Yesterday morning I commented on a pal's blog about her talent and she responded by DARING me to have a go at the technique she used. I can hardly refuse when a pal DARES ME like that now, could I? I don't believe I have EVER published a card with so little actual stamping on! FYI .. if you think it's totally pants please bear in mind that this was my first attempt although I did have a dummy run on a piece of copier paper, with a biro!

My card - I'm pretty chuffed!
The inside of m card and the reverse of my envelope
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
Materials used: 
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of 200gsm white card on to which I doodled the "challenged" stack ..... using a Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Two snippets of different shades of purple card, for matting with a 1.6mm border
  • Patterned purple satin ribbon
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter and pastel gel pens used to colour  and a soft carbon pencil to add shading and then blended with a paper stump and sealed using Crafters Companion spray and shine
  • Stardust stickles to add a little BLING!
  • Dimensional foam tape to attach the large finished image panel to my base card - I didn't want to mat the large panel but did want to define it from the base card, if that makes sense!



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Take a word - January 15th challenge - and the word is: PURPLE
  2. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 135 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dragonfly Journeys - challenge No. 83 - BIRTHDAY BASH
  4. Delicious Doodles - January challenge - SOMETHING NEW (doodling, that's new to me!)
  5. Loves to craft - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES

Now Sarn's way more talented with her doodling and, if you fancy checking it out, do stop by her blog here.

And, struck by the simplicity and the therapeutic nature of the doodling, I did this - not sure I like it quite as much - your thoughts, readers?




14 comments:

SARN said...

YAY . . . go YOU!

I love that you took me up on the DARE and went ahead and doodled a stack or three!

The stack on your card looks FAB and is TOTALLY UNIQUE of course.

The stack at the bottom of your post is also classy and I like the realistic looking shading.

Thanks for the shout out too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

What wonderful doodling Kathy and love your sentiment and paper border to go with it. You took up the dare superbly. x

Barb said...

This looks great Kathy. Well done taking on Sarn's challenge. You've really done a great job! Barbxx

Kath said...

I love Sarn's work and think you've done very well taking up the dare to make this great card.
Kath x

Kathleen said...

I think that you have done a fabulous job on Sarn 'dare', I knew it was her and to be honest I think the original is better than the one with the colours it seems to have more 'wow' about it, hope you don't mind me saying.
Well done you.

Kath x

Kathyk said...

Of course I don't mind ... if I'm honest I think I'm with you ... I haven't made the second and more colourful project in to anything yet either!

Kathyk

Sue - said...

Oh well done Kathy! I love Sarn's stacks and doodles, so glad you took up her dare, 'cos you've made a fabulous card.

Michele said...

beautifully done! xo

Jeannie said...

Hi Kathy! I love purple and your card is just fantastic. Love that you finished the inside and the envelope to match too. Thanks so much for joining my Birthday Bash Blog Challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Sue Hickey said...

Great card thank you for joining us at Delicious doodles Challenge Hugs Sue DT xx

Patti Krauss said...

Cute card, Kathy. (Who can pass on a dare? - lol) Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carolyn Cochran said...

Love the clean, simple and elegant look! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
Carolyn, DT

Pippa said...

Well done on having a go and producing such a great first card. I love the simplicity of it, not over cooked! Thanks for sharing at Love to Craft. Pippa LTCCB DT