Saturday, 14 January 2017

Welcome to Saturday .......

Hi there,

Well, there I was .. killing time on facebook and trawling the stash others want shot of ..... saw this large size stamp and thought "I HAVE that stamp" .. you know what it's like - gotta track it down and use it, so I did! I'm short of anniversary cards so this seemed almost perfect ...... NOW I remember why I don't use it often ... Ranger Archival and Memento wouldn't do it and, plainly, my Versafine onyx black needs either replacing or re-inking! Oh well, I'm no quitter!, so, here's how it ended up


My card
And the gemstone bling!

The inside of my card and the front of my envelope

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of gold card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Judikins image stamped using Versafine onyx black and smokey grey inks
  • Funstamps sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento anagel pink to create a subtle pattern to the background
  • Small self adhesive faux gemstones to bling it up




I didn't think any other colouring was necessary. Maybe I'll take it off the wood mount and then use it in my MISTI, that way I can overstamp until I get a decent image, rather than having to have three goes before finding one I'm happy with!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 171 - ANYTHING GOES + a sentiment
  2. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 176 - CELEBRATIONS
  3. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 233 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 171 - ANYTHING GOES

And my One Layer Card ... yep, another anniversary card - guess this means I'm no longer quite so short of them!


Mark I - before you cry EUUUWWWW! please read on ...

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card (for the insert) cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Penny Black champagne flutes and Rubbadubbadoo sentiment (insert and reverse of card) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Posh Impressions "Happy Anniversary" sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink (card front) and Ranger Archival jet black on envelope
  • Crayola "sand" coloured pencil to add the "champagne" to my glass!
  • Hero Arts "heart" image stamped using Memento angel pink ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to glasses - to simulate glass
  • Stardust stickles to bling up sentiment and bubbles
  • Crayola coloured pencils used to add hearts: pink, bubble gum and magenta



As you can see, this didn't really work (AT ALL!) which just goes to prove that it doesn't matter how long you've been crafting you can still make a real mess! I share it with you because we're all our own worst critics and you may well have occasionally thought, "that's rubbish, how did that happen?" - take comfort from the sad fact - it happens to all of us!! On this occasion I fell for a rookie mistake and just kept throwing things at the card when what I should really have done was covered the front of my card with a panel and started again, instead I used stickles, dimensional gloss and trailing hearts and turned a mistake in to a disaster! However, I'm no quitter ..... and the fact I had already stamped the insert, back of the card and the envelope meant I was kind of committed to certain images .. I HOPE you think I "saved" this card although, of course, it's no longer a One Layer Card but it IS a card I feel I could send, unlike the mark I version


Mark II card
Materials used:
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 13.8 x 9.5cm and the other to 6.8 x 5.2cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 7.2 x 5.6cm
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 7.6 x 6cm
  • Pewter grosgrain ribbon
  • Caran d'Ache neocolour wax water soluble crayons and brushes
  • Adirondack watermelon ink for the Posh Impressions sentiment
  • Stardust stickles
  • Dimensional foam tape - given the stickles and dimensional gloss on the original layer I felt that just sticking the image panel might result in unsightly lumps, now covered by the dimensional foam tape



Whaddya reckon? Good save or should I have conceded defeat? It is interesting to note the difference a simple length of ribbon or change of ink colour or colouring medium can make ... Of course, this means I STILL have to make a One Layer card entry for Simply Less Is More but ... perhaps that's for another day.

I'll be entering the Mark II make for the following challenges:-
  1. Colour Crazy - January 13th challenge - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  2. QKR - challenge No. 226 - CAS
  3. Artbymiran - challenge No. 75 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING GOES


Have a great weekend


14 comments:

lilian said...

I see what you mean the colour is not as dark in some places, Its a nice card though I have to say I like the second card better mate,

lilian

SARN said...

Ha ha ha . . . first of all, I thought: "Why didn't she use her MISTI?" for the top anniversary card . . . then you said about the stamp being wooden! So that was THAT MIST-ery solved! LOL! If it makes the stamp more useable, I'd definitely remove it from the woodmount!

And . . . er . . . WHAT was wrong with the card you redid? I was just thinking, ooh, that's good . . . when you trashed it! I also like the do-over . . . but fail to see anything wrong with the first incarnation.

Blimey - I've written an essay . . . soz! xxx

Krisha said...

My first thought was to use a MISTI too....LOL! I guess it's because I took almost all my wood mounted stamps off the block years ago. ( there still remains a few on wood)
I think ALL the cards turned out wonderful. We are so hard on ourselves.

NanaConnie said...

Delightfully simple, Kathy, and perfect for our theme this week! Love the Stickles sparkle on the champagne flutes. I really enjoy seeing you play along in our "CAS" challenge this week at QKR Stampede. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Barb said...

Three super Anniversary cards Kathy. I do like that lovely old stamp. Barbxx

Cara said...

I would say good save, but actually I liked the first attempt! Fab cards today. Hope you're keeping well, Cara x

Pat said...

Three really lovely cards Kathy and I would take the first stamp off the wood mount too so you can use it with the MISTI, and I really love the second one so don't throw it away as I think it is very pretty, and the third looks great layered up. x

Liz said...

Very classy stamp on the first card, Kathy, not surprised you had to dig it out and use it. I kept scrolling up to your one layer card to see what was wrong with it, I still can't find anything wrong! But, I do like version two too. (Version tutu? That doesn't sound right!) xx

Pirjo said...

What stylish wedding cards! Certainly would be great keepers! Love your bubbles look just like champagne!Thanks for playing along with us at QKR Stampede.

Dorothy S said...

What a classy anniversary card - the red and black make it pop - and yes, the ribbon is a great addition. I also like the first try. Thanks for entering the CAS challenge at qKR Stampede this week.
Dorothy S, DT member

Furrbster said...

I love all three cards, but I especially love the matching envelopes you have made - what a great idea and one I may have to start using myself!


Lovely to see you joining us at Aud Sentiments for our Anything Goes, with a sentiment, challenge,

Hugz Tinz

craftygalslife Tammi Lynn said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us over at Jo’s Scrap Shack “Anything Goes” Challenge.
Tammi, DT

Maya said...

Wonderful, wonderful cards!
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy challenge :)
Hugs from Maya

lyn hitchcock said...

Beautiful thank you for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
Lyn - DT