I'd also like to apologise to those bloggers that I normally visit (either LIM or WOYWW) if I don't make it to your blog this week - hopefully, normal service will resume next week.
However, hubby made it out on Monday evening and I made it to my ToC for a quick card which I'd like to share with you below - we're both hoping this implies we are on the road to recovery though I ALMOST made it in to a get well card to send to ourselves!!!
|The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and front of my envelope|
- White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
- One piece of black card cut to 14.3cm x 10cm
- Snippets of card in both white and black - for my image panel
- Taking the white snippet I taped it to my blending mat using low tack tape
- Using Distress Inks I blended my colours to an "ombre" finish, using squeezed lemonade, fossilied amber and spiced marigold - I used Crafters Companion spray and shine to seal the inked panel against the elements!
- Penny Black image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Organza ribbon "ombre effect" gold through orange to pink to complete the effect
|My desk hasn't changed much this week|