Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning readers and followers,

You may have noticed that I've been a bit out of sorts .... no, really .... had a cold since late December and really struggling to shrug off the germs. Hubby's had it too and the pair of us have been sitting around a shared box of Kleenex coughing and spluttering for England. It's quite put me off my crafting stroke and my ToC has been sadly neglected of late.

I'd also like to apologise to those bloggers that I normally visit (either LIM or WOYWW) if I don't make it to your blog this week - hopefully, normal service will resume next week.

However, hubby made it out on Monday evening and I made it to my ToC for a quick card which I'd like to share with you below - we're both hoping this implies we are on the road to recovery though I ALMOST made it in to a get well card to send to ourselves!!!


My card

The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope

The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14.3cm x 10cm
  • Snippets of card in both white and black - for my image panel
  • Taking the white snippet I taped it to my blending mat using low tack tape
  • Using Distress Inks I blended my colours to an "ombre" finish, using squeezed lemonade, fossilied amber and spiced marigold - I used Crafters Companion spray and shine to seal the inked panel against the elements!
  • Penny Black image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Organza ribbon "ombre effect" gold through orange to pink to complete the effect


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 310 - Colour challenge week - OMBRE TECHNIQUE
  2. Get Creative - challenge No. 54 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Incy Wincy - January 2nd challenge - CELEBRATE
  4. Dragonfly journeys - challenge No. 83 - BIRTHDAY BASH
  5. Ribbon Girls - January 1st challenge - ANYTHING (with ribbon) GOES

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk .. I'd like to share a pic of my desk, which I'll be entering over at Julia's WOYWW #397 challenge, where I shall be entry #15.


My desk hasn't changed much this week

32 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kathy. Hope you really do start to feel much better soon. Miserable when things hang around, isn't it?! That's a lovely card you have achieved, though. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Liz said...

Hope you feel better soon, Kathy. There seems to be a few nasty bugs around this year which are difficult to shift.

Gorgeous card, I love the ombré effect on the panel, with the extra shine. I've not come across 'Crafters Companion spray and shine' before, but I think I'll might need to get myself some. xx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the card. I know what you mean, everyone who's caught that cold still seems to have the cough weeks later. Hope you really are on the mend, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Kathy there's some nasty stuff about that's taking some shifting. My hubby and son have had it for weeks and thought I'd managed to dodge it too until this week!!! Groan! Feeling sorry for myself! So glad you found a little energy to play along with us in the ombre challenge though and as always it's a stunning design and creation with attention to detail all the way. Hope you feel better soon and thanks for sharing at Less is More. Sarah x

SARN said...

Glad you're both on the mend and you made a GREAT JOB of this lovely card. The golden colour is really glowing and warming me up!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

This is a pretty PB stamp and a beautiful CAS card Kathy and love those fiery colours with the shine which gives it a lovely finish. Sounds as though hopefully you and hubby are on tbe mend now. x

Jan Ltc said...

Great WOYWW TFS. Happy New Year xx Jan

Sharon Koole said...

Lovely card. I certainly hope you feel better soon. That nasty bug seems to be doing the rounds.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #38

Debs M said...

Glad you are both on the mend x

Lindart said...

So sorry you are sick Kathy, my hubby was sick all through Christmas, thankfully is feeling better now. I swear by Cold-FX, took it at the first sign I might be getting it too, and it was gone the next day! Your card is lovely - I have that stamp too! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #39

lilian said...

Great card Mate,

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian B #42

Twiglet said...

Fab card - hope you feel better soon.

Tertia said...

Hope that cold is gone very soon! Love the card.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #10

Neet said...

What a fab card - can't go wrong when using Distress Inks.
Sorry you both have been so under the weather, seems as if this cold/germ/whatever it is is going the rounds and sticking when it joins someone. Fluids and rest are the only things you can do. Get well soon.
Yes, the brush roll is fabric and yes I made it myself - easy peasy or I would not be able to do it.
Hugs & thanks for visiting me whilst I was out visiting in real life LOL Neet 4 xxx

SumBunneh said...

Awww still unwell? that sucks.. I really hope that you are much better soon!

I love the card you have made though.. it looks like a sunset or sunrise.. simply gorgeous :)

thank you for taking the time out to help me again with my link.. next week I will make it work first time x

Have a great week,
Erika (#33 not9 lol)

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier, the pens were a great surprise at Christmas.
Sorry to hear you both have been so very poorly, hope this really is the end of it all.
Have a good week
Christine #19

Anne said...

Hello - hope that cold really is going. DH and I have been poorly with the bug and it seems to have gone on forever! Great card. must remember to stamp envelopes - really does look great. Anne x #18

Sue - said...

Hope you feel better soon Kathy, but you've been good company with the Queen! Seems your mojo isn't suffering though as you've made a gorgeous card.

Lynn Holland said...

It's nice you could do a bit of creating even though you've been out of sorts. I remember having proper flu a few years ago and once I started recovering I had my sick bed covered in craft stuff haha
Lynn 5 xx

Angela Radford said...

I am trying to visit everyone that's visited me but the connection is awful here so will have to be quick. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 14

Robyn said...

Hope you recover soon. i'd feel right tat home at this desk! Love your oranges!
Robyn 1

Susan said...

Super pretty card...and love the matching envelope. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

sandra de said...

Hi Kathy I do hope you both recover quickly. Thanks for your comment about the Kookaburras they are also known as the "Laughing Kookaburra" as their call is like a boisterous laugh. Quite enchanting unless they are doing it outside your window early in the morning.
sandra de @22

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely card. I love the yellow panel against the black and white. Lovely contrast. Hope you're on the mend soon matey. This cold seems to have hit everybody I know. Lx

Sarah Dunkley said...

I wish you a speedy recovery! Fab card! Sez x #51

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Nothing like "sitting around a shared box of Kleenex" LOL! Hope you feel better soon! Loving the warm colours in your card - the promise of spring - we'll just have to get through the winter first! Thanks for visiting yesterday! zsuzsa #20

donna garner said...

I once had a balanced pair of scissors on my ironing board, the next moment they were sticking out of my foot - hope yours stay put...! Donna #45

BJ said...

Love the fuchsia card. Tell me about the cough/cold though. I got my sore throat on 14th November and the cough still persists today, although I feel OK otherwise. Nose was well sore all over Christmas too but resisting GPs and more antibiotics. Thanks for the visit BJ#13

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous crafty make.
Thanks for joining in with with The Ribbon Girl January card challenge and good luck in the prize draw.
Happy New Year!
Hugs, Donna xx

Marit said...

Thanks for your visit last week, may I assume you felt better? I sure hope so! I wish you a energetic weekend! Big hug from Holland, Marit #24

Neets B said...

A wonderful ombre panel together with the black accents. I hope you're feeling much better soon, Kathy.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Jeannie said...

Hi Kathy! This is a beautiful card and I love all of the special touches you've added to all the pieces. I hope you feel better and thanks so much for joining my Birthday Bash blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys