Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning peeps,

On Monday I nipped to Swindon to meet up with a crafting pal, we met at a craft store and Val made us most welcome ... she also made us tea AND proffered biskwits which, combined with the joy of craft shopping had us both as happy as the proverbial!!! Anyhoo, after nattering over a cuppa and some shopping we settled up on our purchases .....


Next we headed off to a local hostelry for lunch. I LOVE satnag ... normally but .. there I was, stopped at lights and satnag was telling me to go straight on ... all too late I spotted the destination, a right turn at these lights but, sadly, no way I could get across without upsetting someone ... not least of all Debbie who was following in her own car! Onwards to the next lights for a U turn in convoy! Still, it was worth it as lunch was very nice and served by the lovely staff too, we'll stop by again when in the area.



Right, today's crafting .....

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in white (for my image panel), navy and rust - for matting
  • Katzelkraft hippo image and Hero Arts skyline stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, I stamped the hippo and All Night Media cloud formation on to a post it which I then cut out for a mask
  • With the mask in place I used Distress Ink in tumbled glass which I applied with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool. I spritzed water, allowed to develop and then blotted
  • I coloured my hippo and cloud formation using Crayola coloured pencils, blending with a paper stump and Sansodor
  • Craft Stamper freebie image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • High Hopes birthday sentiment for envelope and insert also stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Glitter and Sparkle - challenge No. 223 - FOUR LEGGED FRIENDS .. hippo's have 4 legs!
  2. Come and Get It - January 22nd challenge - NO DESIGNER
  3. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - SPREAD YOUR WINGS
  4. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 327 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - Jan 24th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Yesterday I got to catch up with some family .. my three aunts and two cousins


 


And now, since it IS Wednesday, here's a peek at my entry for Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #399 - where I will be entry #10



22 comments:

jill said...

Love the card Kathy , and a great selection of new stamps .
Happy woyww jill #4

lilian said...

Fab card Kathy, More new stash where are you going to put it,

lovely pictures of the family,

Lilian

Judys Lace Creations said...

Kathy, that's what I call a Good Week..Craft buying, morning tea, LUNCH, then crafting. Great well- balanced life!!And catching up with family.

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW mate.

Looks like a fun day out you had yesterday. That Hippo card is fab . . . keeps reminding me of Red Bull adverts that give you wi-iiings!

Thinking of you today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. A great card there! love it. And what a wonderful, fun, full week! Great to meet up with family and friends. Thanks for you visit and your most complimentary comment!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, satnavs are so bloody annoying when they send you the long way, or the wrong way!Love that houses stamp!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW. Love those stamps - particularly the set on the right. Glad you managed to do a u-turn fairly quickly to get to the pub. Sat-nav is often a great help, but only when it works! Ali x #30

serendipity said...

Looks like a lot of fun all round. Love what you've done with the hippo stamp, deranged but brilliant!

Pat said...

Life is full of lovely things to do Kathy what with buying new stash, lunching and meeting up with family, just great! I love this set of Katzelcraft images and you have made a fun and interesting card with this hippo. Your desk shows lots of crafting activity too. x

Anne said...

I adore your cardand envelope! What fun! I had alook on the KatzelKraft site but alas, they don't have those images anymore. I think your creation is very clever in keeping the whole look light and cartoonish. Bravo! Happy WOYWW day!
Anne #7

Sharon Koole said...

Lovely crafting! Sounds like you had a great day out even if you did have to do a u-turn!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #35

Sarah Brennan said...

I like the look of those first stamps; haven't come across that company before but will be checking them out. SOunds like a great week. Happy WOYWW Sarah #37

Neet said...

Did a double take - one of your aunts looks like a stamping friend, Chris, and one of your cousins like another one called Margaret. How strange.
Lovely card and interesting story.
Neet 2 x

donna garner said...

Love the flying hippo - it's just like me leaping about our construction site... Dx #39

Sarah Dunkley said...

Love the hippo stamp! Happy WOYWW! Sez x #24

Maura Hibbitts said...

Sounds like a lovely day out! Now, a flying hippo???! Fantastic!! I love the humor, Kathy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Helen said...

what a great day out (satnag apart) - Val is lovely, isn't she! Love the hippo card. Helen #1

Lindart said...

What a fun card! And I love the HA skyline stamp - will have to look for that one! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #48

Debs M said...

It was a great day - loving your makes too! x

Dorlene Durham said...

Great card! I love the hippo. Dorlene #49

craftyani said...

Love card and decorated envelope. That's what I miss a good mooch round a craft shop.

Jeanie Ellis said...

Great job on the card and envelope! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com