Wednesday, 18 January 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - week No. 398

Morning all,

How's your week coming along? Weather better now where you are? Still got snow?, if you have then do take care out there.

Having postponed our trip to IKEA last week we finally made it there yesterday and I was able to glimpse the Raskog cart IRL - I WANTED one but needed to check it would fit first! I managed to restrain myself from grasping the package and dashing to the checkout whilst my sensible husband grasped a tape measure and piece of paper and wrote down the measurements of the assembled cart - now we just need to grasp a tape measure at this end and ............ reveal whether it will fit! WISH ME LUCK!

Anyhoo .. to take my mind off the tape measure, I hit the office and my DoC (that's Desk of Craftiness and NOT to be confused with the ToC .. TABLE of Craftiness - which is in an entirely different room) and doodled to my hearts content. What did I make? Well, OK, so it was only an ATC but still .........

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of lilac card
  • I doodled my design (as per Sarn's dare from yesterday) using a Faber Castell "S" thickness Pitt pen, colouring with Kaisercraft glitter and pastel gel pens and adding shading with a carbon (soft) pencil blended with a paper stump
  • I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Using the Pitt pen in conjunction with a white gelly roll gel pen I doodled a border around my ATC too



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - January 17th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - January 17th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Everybody Art - challenge No. 394 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Take a word - January challenge - the word is PURPLE

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, here's a peek at my desk ... I shall be entering this over at Julia's blog where I shall be entry No.11  for her challenge No. 398

My usual messiness!


29 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

We are on day two of can't see your hand in front of your face kind of weather. The snow came and went with no great effect on daily life.
Hope everything measures up okay and you have a good creative week
Lynn 10

lilian said...

HAPPY WOYWDW

That's a lovely ATC Kathy,

Hope you get your space is the right size for your Raskog cart,

Have a great day Take care
lilian B # 14

sandra de said...

I do hope you Ikea cart fits your space. They are so practical and I love the colour. Gorgeous coloured roll gel pens.
sandra de @19

jill said...

Fingers crossed the cart will fit .
Happy woyww Jill #24

Diana Taylor said...

That's a great little ATC. Hope the Ikea cart will fit - I would love one but just don't have an inch of space left.
Thanks for stopping by, sorry to hear you have funerals to go to also - I do find they all cluster together around this time of year but don't know why that should be.

Happy WOYWW,
Diana #20

SARN said...

WOW - that's a seriously cool ATC you've made there mate.

I love your artistry and all the twiddly bits coming out of the stacks.

The comment above about funerals alarmed me somewhat, sending my sympathies. Unfortunately, I need to make a sympathy card tonight.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the ATC, and you've just reminded me I have that Kaiserkraft stamp set. lol.Hope the cart fits for you! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

Anita in France said...

What fabulous doodling, Kathy ... such a cool and artistic ATC ... the 'flowers' growing through the cracks in the 'wall' are delicious! Anita :)

Sharon Koole said...

The ATC looks wonderful - great doodling. I hope the IKEA cart fits where you want it to go - or maybe you can squeeze it in lol.

Have a great WOYWW
Sharon K #37

Kelly said...

HI Kathy!
Lovely ATC. At first glance I thought that was a stack of marshmallows. Must be all the hot cocoa I've been drinking here. hehe
We're on a roller coaster of weather... 60s for a stretch, then 40s for a stretch.. up and down, up and down. I'm farther south in MO so we didn't get all the ice places north of I-44 got. But plenty of rain. My rain barrels are over-flowing. Congrats on tacking to several challenges. That is one of my goals for this year now that I can work in my studio.
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #41

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Kathy this is adorable and I thought it was marshmallows stacked up too. Love it. Thanks so much for joining this week at Through The Craft Room Door Anything goes challenge. We hope to see you again next week as well.

Linda DT TTCRD

Tracy said...

Love the ATC and your desk is tooooo clean and tidy to have produced this.

Sarah Dunkley said...

Love the ATC hun! Happy WOYWW! Sez x #42

Lindart said...

I haven't made ATCs in such a long time! You have inspired me! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #47

Julia Dunnit said...

Love that there's a desk and a table of C! Also..Didn't you rush home and measure straight away? Blimey, what will power! Nice ATC, nice to doodle a bit, I think. But I don't often then turn my doodles into anything arty like that!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have no idea what a Raskog cart is but shall have to have a look now (it's terrible to be so nosy, lol!). Measuring up sounds like a good way to avoid an expensive mistake! The ATC is lovely, I do like your colourful pens :-D
See you in a couple of weeks,
Hugs, LLJ 17 xxx

Pat said...

Another wonderful stack Kathy and your doodled border frames it so prettily. I had no idea what a raskog cart was but have looked at Ikea and see it looks a great storage solution. Hope it fits. x

Helen said...

oh I love that atc! I admire your restraint in Ikea!! am sure you'll be going back soon, you are bound to be able to make it fit somewhere....Helen #2

Jan Ltc said...

Great workspace. TFS xx Jan 52

SumBunneh said...

There is no such thing as "only an ATC"... sometimes they are harder than bigger projects!

Did you see that I managed my link first time this week? I rock!! Lol


Have a lovely week x
Erika (#6)

Anne said...

Great ATC. Hope the cart fits!! I love mine! Thanks for visiting. Anne x #18

Angela Radford said...

Great desk and love the ATC, brilliant doodling. Have a great woyww and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela x 9

catherine said...

Great Atc kathy and wishing you luck with the tape measure!!
catherine

Bernice said...

Great ATC - and a busy desk this week!
Bernice #57

Bernice said...

Great ATC - and a busy desk this week!
Bernice #57

Dorlene Durham said...

I love the fullness of your desk and your ATC is great! Dorlene #48

Michele said...

very pretty ATC! xo

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. Finally made it to peek at your desk this week. What fun you are having. Great ATC. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Annie Claxton said...

Hi Kathy, love your doodly ATC and your marvellous messiness!! :o) Annie C #11