Hmmm, tricky ... well, going inside myself to force me to try, try, try .. to reach for the stars, the figure (which appears to me to be facing both ways) is because I SHOULD try to see things from both sides .. and the end result? Looks a little like this ....
|My finished page|
|gesso'd and brayered|
|This may be my focal image .. or I may look for something with wings ...|
|My Dylusions stamping and TCW stencilling|
|Dina Wakely and Stamplorations stamping|
- Crawford and Black journal page, gesso'd
- Paper Artsy fresco paints in dolly mixture and orchid along with Deco Art purple pearl paints brayered over the page and set aside to dry
- Using a piece of foam cut and dry I applied Paper Artsy fresco paint, in pansy, through a Stamplorations chevron stencil
- I stamped my Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Crayola coloured pencils (blended using Sansodor): sand, peach, yellow, lemon yellow, light orange, red orange, red, mahogany, maroon, pink, magenta, mauve, orchid, purple, brown
- Dina Wakely stars stamped using Ranger Archival watering can and jet black inks
- Once the image had dried and the sansodor evaporated I fussy cut it out and adhered, with the head in the star
- Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen and a Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen used to outline and emphasise the importance of the text
- Plaid dimensional gloss and stardust stickles used to further highlight the stars
- Finally, I added the date at the bottom
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- Welove2Create - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- The House that Stamps Built - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
Enough of the profound and meaningful .......... on to the other crafting ...
|The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and front of my envelope|
- White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two white card panels, cut to 13.8 x 9.5cm
- One orange card panel cut to 14.3 x 10cm
- Snippets of white card and orange card, for the image panel and matting
- Distress Inks (applied with a blending tool): picked raspberry, festive berries and carved pumpkin
- Inkadinkado sentiment/image inked with versamark ink, stamped and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder .... I double embossed and the 2nd coat of embossing powder I realised that some had stayed where it shouldn't have - ALMOST threw it away and started again but, being a BIG fan of splatters I found I kind of liked it once the black went on top! What do you think?
- Distress Ink in black soot applied all over (a la Joseph's Coat Technique), the excess wiped off with paper towel and a quick spritz of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal.
- High Hopes birthday sentiment stamped usingMemento rhubarb stalk (I tried rosebud but it just didn't show up) and Inkadinkado sentiment/image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink for the insert, reverse and envelope
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 314 - COLOUR WHEEL - choose three colours adjacent on the colour wheel, I went with pink/red/orange
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 229 - ANYTHING GOES withthe option of Valentines .. which I didn't use
- Artbymiran - challenge No. 77 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 124 - ANYTHING GOES
- Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
It's also the 6th anniversary of the challenge over at Simply Less Is More so ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the LIM-ettes! They're celebrating their anniversary all month AND they have a new look blog too!