Wednesday, 8 February 2017

It's Wednesday

Morning all,

It's been one of those weeks, hardly know what day it is but .... since I have both the day and the date on my watch, a quick glance usually sorts me out - provided I've remembered to put my watch on in the first place!

Was chatting electronically with a pal at the weekend and we got to talking about the fact that so many challenge blogs have closed their doors, which set me to thinking that I should really go through the list of blogs I follow and double check them .... talk about a MAMMOTH task! Little did I realise but I follow literally HUNDREDS of blogs. Turns out some people simply gave up blogging (one after the very first post) and a huge number of challenge and regular blogs have closed their doors too. I stopped following all of those, along with the blogs where there had been no posts for more than six months - I can always follow them again if (or when) they start posting again. You ever done this exercise? I WISH I had done it before I got to quite so many - took over two hours but I'm pruned back a bit now! If yours is one of the inactive blogs and you plan to get back to blogging then I promise I'll be back and following once you do, and, if you've ceased posting due to ill health then I hope you will soon be much improved and blogging once more!

Of course, you may well have stopped by to check out the crafting, so, allow me to share some background first ... this make deploys an image my mum left to me, she passed away in 2002. I haven't used it in ages for that reason along with the fact it's not my normal style but it IS a lovely image - I hope you will agree, and it's HIGH TIME it saw ink too.


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of red card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of card in white, red and black, for the image panel and matting layers
  • Petaluma bauble centrepiece image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to add some highlights 
  • Stardust stickles to add some bling
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink 
OMG! If I had a brain I'd be dangerous - the blimmin' image has been photographed UPSIDE DOWN!
Watch out for dripping candle wax!!!!

I will be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - January Rudolph Day challenge - BAUBLES
  2. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES so long as it's Christmas! with the OPTIONAL challenge of SNOW
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 319 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Merry Monday - challenge No. 234 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

I NORMALLY participate in What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday but have had a small problem with my wrist so taking a day off the computer ..... hope it works!

17 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is beautiful, KAth. I think it is even more so because you received it from your Mum. How nice that you shared a hobby with her.

Debs M said...

Great card, hope your wrist is better soon x

Barb said...

A beautiful traditional Christmas card Kathy. The stamp is lovely and extra special as it was from your Mum. I hope your wrist is soon better and sure a "mouse rest" will help a little. Enjoy whatever you're doing today. Barbxx

Pat said...

How lovely to have this stamp which your Mum used and it is so pretty and beautifully coloured by you Kathy. Hope your wrist soon sorts itself. x

SARN said...

Beautiful Christmas card Kathy.

. . . and YES, I regularly review my "reading list" and links.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue said...

How lovely that you used a stamp that your Mum used, Kathy, it's such a lovely image and beautifully coloured. Great idea to tidy up the blog list, something I should do too. I do hope your wrist feels better soon. x

lilian said...

Thats a lovely stamp left to you and nice that you use it,
Makes a great card

Lilian

Marcia HIll said...

Lovely, lovely card and image, and how special that it was one your mom used! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Clare Lloyd said...

It's a lovely card

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love your image, and what a great idea to make the envelope match, too!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Kathy - pretty colours - I've tackled that stamp and always found it tricky to colour, like how you also stamped the image on the envelope and inside

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Nonni said...

I think it's a beautiful stamp and I love the pastel colors you chose for coloring it. I've done the blog following-cleaning once and it's a major operation... Totally worth it though!

laurie said...

So pretty! And what a special stamp. Great post. Thanks fro joining us at The Christmas Card Challenges!

Greta said...

Oh wow--from the stamp itself I would never have realized how gorgeous it is! Your card is wonderful--I think your mom would love it & be glad you've made use of that stamp!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 319 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see it there too x

Karen L K said...

That is a really nice image and your coloring of it looks great!