Was chatting electronically with a pal at the weekend and we got to talking about the fact that so many challenge blogs have closed their doors, which set me to thinking that I should really go through the list of blogs I follow and double check them .... talk about a MAMMOTH task! Little did I realise but I follow literally HUNDREDS of blogs. Turns out some people simply gave up blogging (one after the very first post) and a huge number of challenge and regular blogs have closed their doors too. I stopped following all of those, along with the blogs where there had been no posts for more than six months - I can always follow them again if (or when) they start posting again. You ever done this exercise? I WISH I had done it before I got to quite so many - took over two hours but I'm pruned back a bit now! If yours is one of the inactive blogs and you plan to get back to blogging then I promise I'll be back and following once you do, and, if you've ceased posting due to ill health then I hope you will soon be much improved and blogging once more!
Of course, you may well have stopped by to check out the crafting, so, allow me to share some background first ... this make deploys an image my mum left to me, she passed away in 2002. I haven't used it in ages for that reason along with the fact it's not my normal style but it IS a lovely image - I hope you will agree, and it's HIGH TIME it saw ink too.
|The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card, cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
- One piece of red card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
- Snippets of card in white, red and black, for the image panel and matting layers
- Petaluma bauble centrepiece image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Alcohol markers to colour
- Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to add some highlights
- Stardust stickles to add some bling
- Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
|OMG! If I had a brain I'd be dangerous - the blimmin' image has been photographed UPSIDE DOWN!|
Watch out for dripping candle wax!!!!
I will be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - January Rudolph Day challenge - BAUBLES
- Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES so long as it's Christmas! with the OPTIONAL challenge of SNOW
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 319 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Merry Monday - challenge No. 234 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
I NORMALLY participate in What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday but have had a small problem with my wrist so taking a day off the computer ..... hope it works!