Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning,

I'd like to welcome new follower, AndreaC, didn't find a link to a blog (sorry) for you to follow or for me to reciprocate.

There I was, rummaging through my cards "in stock" and I made a rather astonishing discovery ...... I MAKE MORE MALE CARDS THAN FEMALE!!! I found this very odd since I SEND to more women than men! How did this even happen? Maybe I'm just drawn to more masculine images and/or colours or maybe I just sent out most of my more feminine cards! - whatever the reason, I probably need to make some slightly more feminine cards!

With that in mind .....


My card
A closer view of the image panel
Front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 17½ x 12½cm white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 11 x 16cm
  • Card in turquoise and orange (to match my flowers) cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • JOFY12 image and JOFY14 sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black.Ranger Archival and Versafine onyx black inks (memento used where sansodor was going to be used)
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour and sansodor to blend, using a paper stump
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pens used to accentuate




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Allsorts - challenge No. 405 - SPRING INSPIRATION
  2. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 291 - SPRING COLOURS
  3. Crafty Sentiments - March 7th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Ike's World - challenge No. 83 - ANYTHING GOES + USE A SENTIMENT

Oh and, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday ... here's a peek at the pic of my workdesk  today, nice to see it's back to looking a little messier again!!





6 comments:

SARN said...

I bet it's just that you SEND more out to girls than boys and therefore have a surfeit of boy ones left in the box!

Anyhoo . . . I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little beauty you're sharing today. Perfick.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

These quite stylised Jofy flowers have been coloured very prettily Kathy and I love the two colours you have used to mount them. I think my male to female ratio of sending cards is probably about 50/50 but some months it seems like I am always making masculine cards which gets quite difficult I find, I much prefer to make the female variety personally. Enjoy the rest of your week. x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous CAS card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kathleen said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the flowers.
Thank you for joining our 'Spring Inspiration' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

ike said...

Very pretty cards - I really love those images. I think your desk looks pretty cool :-D
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Mervi said...

Beautiful springtime cas card, very delicate.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m