Still wrestling with my fab new polychromos pencils and thought I would try colouring cats - well!! It turned in to an exercise in herding cats! Plainly, I know squat about cat colouring options! Check out my cute cats .. well, the image is cute if the colouring ain't! I wanted my cats to be different colours but I don't know much about cats - guess the one on the left is my version of tortoiseshell!
|The front and back of my card and front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 10½cm square
- One piece of peach glitter card, cut to mat at a 1.6mm border
- Rubbadubbadoo image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
- Stampendous (Card front) and Posh Impressions (insert and envelope) sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Plaid dimensional gloss and stardust stickles used to highlight
- Stamplorations - April CAS challenge - PASTEL COLOURS
- Through The Craft Room Door - April 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
And, on a roll with anniversary cards AND possessed of new stash .....
|My card, I left the reflection from the flash in the pic as it clearly shows|
the clear gel medium at work!
|The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of 300gsm white card cut to 13½cm square
- One piece of 300gsm red card cut to mat the above leaving a 1.6mm border
- Snippets of card in white, black and red for the image and sentiment panels
- Taping the Ranger stencil (new stash and from set #24) in place I applied Distress Inks in candied apple and picked raspberry using a Tim Holtz mini blender.
- Once dry I gave it a quick squirt of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to stop my ink running for the next step .... then I taped the stencil in the exact same place as before.
- Liquitex Basics gloss gel medium applied through the stencil using a palette knife and then set aside to dry to a lovely gloss finish
- Posh Impressions sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black on to the insert/reverse of card, envelope and snippet of white card which I then trimmed and matted on to first black and then red, leaving 1.6mm borders
- Once my gel medium was fully dry I trimmed it and matted on to black and then red, to match my sentiment
- I added three faux crystal gemstones (also new stash) and the card front was finished .. I felt the other parts needed a little more than just the sentiment so ... I rummaged through my stash and found ... Dina Wakelys grungey heart set - stamped using Versafine satin red - PERFECT (IMHO)
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-