Sunday, 23 April 2017

Easy like Sunday morning .....

Morning,

Still wrestling with my fab new polychromos pencils and thought I would try colouring cats - well!! It turned in to an exercise in herding cats! Plainly, I know squat about cat colouring options! Check out my cute cats .. well, the image is cute if the colouring ain't! I wanted my cats to be different colours but I don't know much about cats - guess the one on the left is my version of tortoiseshell!


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 10½cm square
  • One piece of peach glitter card, cut to mat at a 1.6mm border
  • Rubbadubbadoo image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
  • Stampendous (Card front) and Posh Impressions (insert and envelope) sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss and stardust stickles used to highlight




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamplorations - April CAS challenge - PASTEL COLOURS
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - April 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES




And, on a roll with anniversary cards AND possessed of new stash .....


My card, I left the reflection from the flash in the pic as it clearly shows
the clear gel medium at work!
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 300gsm white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of 300gsm red card cut to mat the above leaving a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of card in white, black and red for the image and sentiment panels
  • Taping the Ranger stencil (new stash and from set #24) in place I applied Distress Inks in candied apple and picked raspberry using a Tim Holtz mini blender.
  • Once dry I gave it a quick squirt of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to stop my ink running for the next step .... then I taped the stencil in the exact same place as before.
  • Liquitex Basics gloss gel medium applied through the stencil using a palette knife and then set aside to dry to a lovely gloss finish
  • Posh Impressions sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black on to the insert/reverse of card, envelope and snippet of white card which I then trimmed and matted on to first black and then red, leaving 1.6mm borders
  • Once my gel medium was fully dry I trimmed it and matted on to black and then red, to match my sentiment
  • I added three faux crystal gemstones (also new stash) and the card front was finished .. I felt the other parts needed a little more than just the sentiment so ... I rummaged through my stash and found ... Dina Wakelys grungey heart set - stamped using Versafine satin red - PERFECT (IMHO)




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING GOES + twist of CAS
  2. The Paper Shelter - challenge No. 290 - SENTIMENTAL (use a sentiment)
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 125 - ANNIVERSARY


12 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Kathy. I love the image of the cats, I'm sure I recognise the tortoiseshell one. I think it's been coming into my back garden recently. 😉 xx

Kathyk said...

Thanks for even recognising what I was going for, Liz!

Kathyk

Viv's Visuals said...

Great card Kathy! The kitties are really cute.

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, really like the cats,

Lilian

SARN said...

SUPER anniversary cards and I LOVE how you've coloured the cats in.

Happy Sunday! xxx

Pat said...

Two great cards Kathy and I love your sweet cats and the colouring is so pretty and adore that touch of glitter card. The hearts stencilling on the second with that pretty added shine is gorgeous and love that large sentiment too. x

ccheney said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love the cats! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Cindy (DT)

Cara said...

Both cards are fab, love the shine of the gel on the second one. Cara x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy, the romantic cats are so sweet.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Amy Cohen said...

Fabulous work- I adore how you decorate the envelopes too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
Amy-DT

Jeanie Ellis said...

What a very sweet card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Pink Unicorn said...

Loving your cute cats, I think you did a fab job with the colouring! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards