Saturday, 22 April 2017

Welcome to another weekend ...

Hi there,

Another weekend is stretching out in front of us - isn't it amazing how we look forward to two full days and yet, come Sunday night, wonder how two full days flashed past? Or is it just an age thing?

Anyhoo, here's a couple of projects I DID manage to fit in to today! The first one is a new home card, I only had two but then a pal came along and bought one of them so I thought I should make another.


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • White 300gsm card cut to 10cm square and 11cm square
  • Blue and black card, cut to mat my card front, leaving a 1.6mm border 
  • Snippets of card in white and blue
  • Hero Arts row of houses and Imagine That sentiments stamped using Versafine inks in Onyx black and smokey grey
  • Using Faber Castel Polychromos pencils I added sky shades and lights at windows along with some "doors". On my main image I realised that the MISTI would have come in handy (had my image not been wood mounted) as my image had a small area not fully inked ... thought it looked like a bush, well - it IS now!




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Colour Crazy Challenge - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 45 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
And for my next trick .....

My card
And a closer view of the image
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 300gsm white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of aubergine card cut to mat at 1.6mm
  • Snippet of white card for the sentiment in box
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment frame stamped on snippet using Versafine imperial purple
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped in the frame using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Katzelkraft image (from the FABULOUS Les Jungles) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
  • Stardust stickles to add a touch of bling



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 325 - STRIPE
  2. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 8 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 178 - USE A STAMP FOR YOUR SENTIMENT
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - April 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES



13 comments:

Maaike Uijthoven said...

I love Katzelkraft stamps, but I don;t own this one, a Zebra is the ultimate stripe! well thought of

SARN said...

LOVE both cards, but particularly the Hyena one . . . that Katzelcraft set is just brilliant!

Happy Saturday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

Moth great cards Kathy, great colouring,

Lilian

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, this little guy in his colorful stripes is so fun! Love it. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Esther said...

Fab cards, Kathy! The new home card is so stylish and I love the blue and black palette which is really dramatic. The hyena is awesome! What a brilliant, fun guy with his stripey top! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Creative world said...

Super fun image with awesome striped T-shirt,great color combo too...thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge,hope to see you again
Zeljka DTx

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, I think it was you that tempted me into buying that Katzelkraft set! Cara x

cecilia gunnarsson said...

Wonderful Both!!!
So beutiful Done this is a wonderful creations!! It's just gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD

Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}

Skye said...

Two fabulous cards. I love your trendy hyena in his beautiful striped jumper

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Beautiful set. Thank you for joining the CWAA challenge and sharing this beautiful card with us.
Regards,
BożenA DT CWAA

Daffodil Cards said...

Both wonderful cards, but I especially love the zebra, he is so different and I love the colours you chose for him. Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld. Hope to see you again. Faith DT

Neets B said...

Well, what do you know. I had the very same stamp of this stripy guy out on my table and almost inked him up! Great minds, eh! Love the simple CAS design and the colourful stripes.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Lisa West said...

Beautiful clean and simple cards.Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx