Friday, 7 April 2017

Welcome to the start of the weekend!

Morning,

Having FINALLY finished my card commission my blocked mojo appears to have been released ... it's so weird, I really liked the card (from the commission) and was flattered that my pal wanted four copies of my original but with the word "sister" added to each ... and yet, the minute I knew I had to batch make four identical cards, I found that I simply didn't want to do it and yet .... I couldn't settle to make anything else either - not with them hanging over my head! However, on Tuesday evening my hubby went out and I managed to get around to making the batch, got them all done and the very next day - BAZINGA! This card popped in to my head and from there to my ToC (Table of Craftiness), even using NBUS stash too so I shall be heading off to Darnell's blog to gloat about it! Check it out .....


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 200gsm white card, cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of 200gsm black card, cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Carabelle image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion image (this is my NBUS) stamped using Versafine satin red ink 




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. DJKardKreations - BooBoo Hope and NBUS #11 - SHARE YOUR BOOBOO CARDS, YOUR NBUS or BOTH! - I went with NBUS (Never Before Used Stash) - 2nd entry
  2. The Male Room - challenge No. 57 - COLOUR THEME .. BLACK, WHITE + ONE OTHER COLOUR ONLY ... my other colour being RED!
  3. Seize The Birthday - March 30th challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES + OPTIONAL TWIST of VELLUM - which I didn't use
  4. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 121 - MODES OF TRANSPORT
  5. Sweet Stampin' - April 1st challenge - TRAVEL
 


Have a terrific weekend


15 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, love the the motorbike,

Lilian

Di said...

Brilliant card Kathy!

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

I love this motorbike image Kathy, and just great for a masculine card and I adore the red splat. x

Sandra Cox said...

The matching envelopes really makes it special:)

Darnell said...

This motorbiking family loves your card, Kathy, and just hopes that's not a blood splatter, lol! We are macabre like that! As for the mojo block, the same thing happens to me when I have a commission or am doing a guest design. Hammy freezes like a deer in the headlights until I get the "job" done and I'm free to move about the cabin! That said, I'm not surprised your client wanted even more from your talented fingers!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #11 again!! Hugs, Darnell

SARN said...

Well, Darnell has said what I was thinking about the red splatter​! I do love the motorbike image though & its a great masculine card xxx

Kathyk said...

Goodness! How bloodthirsty are you two! lol!

Kathyk

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great card for the motorcyclists. And, I like that you carried the theme over the whole card and to the envelope as well.

Cara said...

This is fabulous love the combo of the grungy motorbike and curvy font of the sentiment. Cara x

shirley-bee said...

Great masculine card, Kathy! Love that motorbike image. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Susan Powell said...

this is fantastic! Love the coordinating envelope too!

Shawna Standish said...

this is the coolest card!! Your single motorcycle image is so well placed into a trio of elements.. Very well done. Also the envelopes are just as awesome as the card!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I love the bike, the grungy red splat and the fact that you've done the inside and envelope too! Great work. Thanks so much for playing in our Colour challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

Rocky said...

Really great card, especially with a decorated envelope too! Thank you for sharing them with us at TMR and I'm so pleased your mojo has returned in style.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fantastic card Kathy!! I love that pop of red! Gorgeous creation and thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Stampin'. Sorry not to have popped in earlier, super busy days with end of term and Easter. But I love what you did for our 'Travel' challenge. Congrats on your 'Top 3' placing with this gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT