I've a couple of new followers so I should like to thank you for stopping by my blog and for indicating you like it .. by following me, I hope you will stop by again soon.
A friend stopped by recently, no other reason than "she was passing" .. I love this kind of impromptu visit. Whilst she was chatting we got round to crafting ... she's taken up painting and we've started to have this kind of chat every now and again, and heaven knows how we did it, but we got around to the subject of Kokopelli, she was planning on painting one as a gift for a friend. At this point I said I had a couple of Kokopelli images and stepped to the ToC to find them and, find them I did. Once she'd gone I returned to the ToC with a view to putting them away again and then thought "hang on, you've not used either image in a couple of years .. and they ARE out so, why not use them?" Since I didn't have a good answer, the project below developed using, IMHO, warm Aztec colours of oranges/reads and teal - see what you think...
|A close up view of my image which, hopefully, shows the ombre colouring a little better|
|The front and back of my card and front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square and an offcut of white card cut to 13cm wide
- DCWV textured dark teal card (actually two pieces of 6" x 6" from a pad) cut to 14cm square and to mat my image panel leaving a 1.6mm border
- Taking the strip of white card I applied Distress Inks (ombre sstyle) using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad: spiced marmalade, carved pumpkin, candied apple and fired brick - sealing with a quick spritz of Crafters Companion spray and shine
- Kokopelli "band" by Copper Leaf Creations stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to the coloured panel and to the rear of my card and envelope
- Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Small Kokopelli, by Stamps on Fire stamped on the front of the envelope using Versafine onyx black ink
- Large Kokopelli, by Judikins, stamped on the insert using Versafine onyx black ink
- I then added an odd number of glittered teal "droplets"
- Happy Little Stampers - April challenge - BLEND
- Heart2Heart - April 10th challenge - WHIMSICAL
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - HIP HOP ...lateral thinking with Hip Hop "music"!!!
- Through The Craft Room Door - April 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
I also discovered that I won over at Through The Craft Room Door this morning - thanks peeps, already e-mailed them to claim my prize .. and a GDTM slot too.
And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, please allow me to share a peek of the ToC (Table of Craftiness) this week - I have temporarily relocated to my CToC - that's "Colouring Table of Craftiness!! I'll be entering this for Julia's WOYWW #410, where I shall be entry #14