Tuesday, 9 May 2017

A post on a Tuesday?

Morning all,

Yes, really, a post from me - on a Tuesday. This is what new stash does to me! Can't stop playing! Today it's the turn of the fabulous mini cats/dogs set from Stampers Anonymous. I could so NOT justify them full size especially since I have the super Katzelkraft grumpy cats already but I was powerless to resist these when I saw them! I'm glad that I've been inspired to use them straight away as it means I was right ... who doesn't hate it when they open the drawer and see stash you simply HAD TO HAVE and which have yet to see ink months down the line? And, yes, I have those moments too which is why it's especially nice when you look at a new stamp set and think I have used most of these already despite only having them (however long)! Anyway, enough prevaricating and on to my make ....

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of burgundy and white card
  • Stampers Anonymous cat image (NBUS) stamped on to two snippets of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink. I used a masking pen (NBUS) just on the tail on one of my snippets, being pretty sure that tail was going to be tricky to cut out tidily!
  • I coloured the other using Derwent coloursoft pencils and the FINESSE blending pen (my most fave recent piece of equipment, very useful) and fussy cut out
  • With the masking fluid now dry on the other snippet I applied Distress Inks in salty ocean and picked raspberry using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad then taped a Tim Holtz mini tag stencil (NBUS) over the inked panel and randomly applied Distress Ink in dusty concorde through
  • I then removed the masking fluid and coloured the cats tail with the coloursoft pencils before gluing the fussy cut out cat in place with tombow dual glue
  • I stamped the Daily Grind sentiment (in two parts) using Ranger Archival jet black ink and also the flower head from the same set (using the same ink), to ground my cat image
  • Using a Tsukineko gelly roll white gel pen I doodled a border as well as highlights to the text and "grounding" before adding Diamond stickles to highlight the grounding and border and BAZINGA! I was all done!



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Quirky Crafts - May challenge - GOING FOR A SONG - see below for my inspiration
  2. Sweet Stampin' - May 6th challenge - CATS and/or DOGS
  3. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 369 - ANYTHING (with cats) GOES + OPTIONAL TWIST to USE 5 ..... I kinda didn't go with this although I DID use five inks!
  4. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES

And my song inspiration? Well ... smelly cat was made famous by the character Phoebe Buffet in the TV show Friends ... I thought the image fitted and the blog challenge title "Quirky Crafts" all seemed to fit so .. smelly cat it is!



And a get well card next up ....

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾" + snippet for the image panel
  • One piece of aubergine card cut to 5¼" x 4" + snippet for matting image panel and a strip
  • Gourmet Rubber Stamps image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to snippet, larger white card panel, reverse of card and envelope. For this project I needed to mask off the "Whoop de doo" sentiment and use another instead
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink as above + front of envelope
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour image
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss added for the glasses and cup/saucer
  • Diamond stickles used to highlight




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 158 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - IT'S A FRAME UP
  3. Aurora Wings - challenge No. 49 - FRAME IT
  4. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 188 - ADD A SENTIMENT
  5. Incy Wincy - May 1st - 13th challenge - CAS - Clean And Simple

I'd also like to wish my good friend, Lauren, a very very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today - hope you have a good one matey despite recent events.




19 comments:

SARN said...

Great cat ATC mate. Fab ATC card too. All beautifully masked, cut out, and coloured of course.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

What a fun ATC using the cute cat Kathy and love the bright colours with the stencilling which looks great, then the card with another fun image soo prettily coloured,and I like the way you replaced the given sentiment with another of your choice. x

June Fletcher said...

Hi Kathy

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers with your cute card. I feel how she is looks today! LOL

June/DT

Jane Willis said...

Oh I'd forgotten all about that song, what a great one to use for inspiration! I'm going to be humming it for days now. Thank you for sharing your super work at Quirky Crafts
Jane

Cara said...

Great ATC, love how you handled the tail, will have to remember that technique! Your get well card is lovely too. Cara x

Clemente Batan said...

I admire you for being able to use most of the stamp images on your new set. I agree. Sometimes, our stash ends up forgotten when our collection grows. Especially with all the great companies and great releases lately, it is hard to keep up. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Clean & SImple Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous ATC, the background is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx

Darnell said...

Your quick use of your NBUS here and in the last post (thank you for the shoutout!) is inspirational to me, Kathy! I've decided after this last mine-sweep that I'm not buying any ... er, that is to say, I'm using anything new that I buy IMMEDIATELY so I don't get overwhelmed again to the point of forgetting what I even own. Not good!! All your purchases and the makes you've done with them are sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

Jac Curran said...

These are both super, great background you created for the cat ATC, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and Crafty Cardmakers x

DonnaMundinger said...

Fun card and the cat ATC makes me giggle. Love how you've framed the card and stamped the envie, too. Thanks so much for joining our "Frame It" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Cass said...

Fab ATC. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Furrbster said...

Haha what a great song choice indeed for that really quirky kitty lol. I have so many stamps in my drawers that I have still to use. The advent of digis really limits the time I can spend actually stamping though lol. I did challenge myself to use a Gorjuss stamp set the other day though, and made three cards!

Thank you for sharing this lovely cards with us over at Quirky Crafts,

Hugz Tinz

Diane said...

Thank you for entering the Quirky Crafts Challenge....what a great choice of song! I certainly wasn't expecting that one!

Cara said...

Back with my DT hat on! Still love your ATC. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Sue - said...

Love your quirky cat! That and your song fit our challenge perfectly. Thanks for sharing at Quirky Crafts.

crafty-stamper said...

Great get well card and fabulous ATC too----Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so fun and beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Cara Caswell said...

Fabulous card I love that kitty!
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge!
Hugs xxCara xx DT

Sally Dodger said...

A great card, I love how you have made a matching envelope and card lining. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.